Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Re: Chosen.

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Yet another ancient relic who should have been pensioned off years ago. He also doesn't believe in contraception, divorce and abortion so is keeping the catholic church in the dark ages. The catholic church sickens me but thankfully I am an atheist so can happily ignore the whole farce that it is.

I feel sorry for the poor souls who believe in it all. They are to be pitied.
And yet you do seem to have great difficulty ignoring it

And believe me none of us need your pity, me and the rest of the 1.2billion Catholics are quite happy in our Faith. And I for one am more than happy with the Cardinals choice of Pope.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->

And believe me none of us need your pity, me and the rest of the 1.2billion Catholics are quite happy in our Faith. And I for one am more than happy with the Cardinals choice of Pope.
I have a right to make my point same as anyone else. 1.2 billion saddos in the world then.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->

Far, far too soon to pass that judgment on him Mall darlin'. We won't know what his objectives are for several months and whether, even if those objectives are laudible, if they can be deflected by the other 'conservative' cardinals.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:53 PM

Religion is often simply an accident of birth and a lot of us have rejected it as meaningless.

I was brought up in a culture that believed catholicism was next door to satan! However, I had quite a number of 'catholic' friends and colleagues, and as far as I could see, none of them gave a toss about the church's teachings.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I 'was' a fan of Pope John Paul 2nd - Now my interest has been re-ignited, I like the fact he is a humble man, compassionate, maybe he will bring good worthwhile change - I hope so....
I have to admit my interest has been piqued by this person - they also said on the news that he will make many changes at the Vatican so I hope those who were party to the coverups are worrying whether or not their cushy ride is coming to an end. Given that the Church is reputed to be the wealthiest organisation on Earth, I would laugh my socks off if he gave the whole lot away to charity - then I'd pat him on the back and say 'well done'.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Religion is often simply an accident of birth and a lot of us have rejected it as meaningless.

I was brought up in a culture that believed catholicism was next door to satan! However, I had quite a number of 'catholic' friends and colleagues, and as far as I could see, none of them gave a toss about the church's teachings.
That's quite true but then there are those of us that do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I have a right to make my point same as anyone else. 1.2 billion saddos in the world then.
You have a right to your opinion but what right do you have to call anyone names ? very childish.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You have a right to your opinion but what right do you have to call anyone names ? very childish.
Its the catholics that are childish cos they still believe in fairy stories !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 02:25 PM

Wondered when that would be said hugely disrespectful to anyone of Faith. Something I expect from a 15 year old trying to shock not a grown adult who should know how to respect others while living happily along side them.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Wondered when that would be said hugely disrespectful to anyone of Faith. Something I expect from a 15 year old trying to shock not a grown adult who should know how to respect others while living happily along side them.
Pay no heed Julie - we all have a right to our own beliefs, whatever they might be. If others don't understand you, all you can do is try to explain and if that fails, there's not much else you can do.

I feel quite sorry for you - you're taking a bit of a battering on here at the moment.<hug>

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top