Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:15 AM

Community living

With the falling price of house there are a number of large houses not selling that could home 2 or 3 small familes.
For instance I know of a place near me that has 4 bed main house plus 3 x2 bedroom holiday cottages set in a loverly large garden with fields and its going for 900K now that could house 4 families or groups of friends ...
Wouldnt it be an Idea for a close family to all sell up and live here you could have grandparents watching home and kids while parents work other family members working the land for food and wood for heating . with the right family or group of friends this could be a safe, econmicable, happy way to live . while still being independant in your own home
What do you think would be the advantages and pitfalls of such living ?
Remenber I said right family and friends .....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:41 AM

Re: Community living

Communes are fine, provided that no Inbreeding takes place.
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:53 AM

Why not ? It sounds like fun ..... and the chickens do it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 08:03 AM

I worry far too moch about the genetic connotations. I am naive I thought Chickens only gobbled.
Nobaggage

15-03-2013, 08:53 AM

No thats Turkeys !!!.... As your naive I wont tell you what chickens do....
;0)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 09:38 AM

I come from a family where we had 3 generation in one house all living together. Happy with our lot in life until the council said we were over crowded and gave my grandparents a flat and my parents took over our care in a 3 bed house. Most miserable time of my life when we were all squashed in our little 3 bed cottage life was happy chaotic but damned good. Split up we all retreated into our own spaces and it was never the same again.

I think sevaral generations of one family in a home is a great way to live.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 09:58 AM

When I was a child I used to live near alot of my family. My Uncle and Auntie lived two doors away, and another Uncle and Auntie lived 3 streets away and my Grandparents lived a short walk away. So I would prefer that kind of living than all living in one house.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Having been brought up in a large family, I have no wish to repeat the experience.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
No thats Turkeys !!!.... As your naive I wont tell you what chickens do....
;0)
Hey Bags - after a lot of your posts there is an 0......
Whats that about gal - a little trait of yours - just curious..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Community living wouldn't appeal to me , I don't even like the thought of sharing my home, I have been on my own too long I guess

A cousin of mine married a Farmer who is also a coach for an Olympic sport. They had three children all grown up now and doing very well in their chosen occupations.

The barns on the farm have all been converted and each of the children with their families lives in one making a sort of Commune

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top