Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 12:12 PM

Re: Another Kick in the Teeth.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Alright people, there seems to be enough of 'us' and other people that we all know who are, to say the least, well dischuffed with this useless Government, so, the question is: WHEN DO WE START THE REVOLUTION???

the sooner the better
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 12:16 PM

No Karen darlin' 'New Labour' are too m uch like old Tory. Besides which, it's no good swopping one set of thieves and replacing them with another bunch of incompetents. What we need to do is to change the system of Government entirely
Couldn't agree more Uncle Joe - both are as bad as each other and, with the present system, I can't see it changing much to be honest.

Firstly, we need a TRULY democratic system, so Members of Parliament, once elected, will be DELEGATES and not REPRESENTATIVES as happens now. They will NOT be allowed to vote on matters as they think they should but will be MANDATED to vote as their own constituents demand. This would seriously weaken the system of 'Party politics' and end the two party monopoly on parliament.

We also need a fully elected second chamber, so the abolition of privelege by the destruction of the House of Lords and its replacement with a fully elected second chamber.
That sounds quite good (no doubt someone will come along and point out something I haven't though of)

With the abolition of the House of Lords, we no longer need a monarch either. The 'Head of State' can be replaced with a directly elected President. All the 'pomp and ceremony' associated with Mrs Windsor can be left so the tourists can still see it, but the country will be properly governed from Parliament.
I'm not anti-monarchy - (here's my favourite word) amivalence is the best description. I don't buy the argument about tourism - look how many people flock to Stratford Upon Avon and how long has Shakespeare been dead ...

Your description of politics sounds very much like what happens here - we have a Chief Minister who can be 'invited to leave' if it turns out he's not up to the job.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Ooooo lovely

Tony Blair ?
Not bloody likely Rachel darlin' - the man's a war criminal and I'd like to see his head 'spiked' on the railings outside Parliament!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I have no love for the Tories as they have ripped my life apart

2 months ago..my council discovered because of incorrect information they had received from the Job centre they had overpaid my council tax benefit...so, and i quote the agents words "sorry but we have to CLAW it back ...they have decided that i was overpaid £500 meaning they want that back plus the underpayment in Council tax ...I have offered instalments but they have refused and said i would get a summons and court action against me and it would be up to the court...Ok i have secured the money ( by cashing in my retirement pension) but this week they have sent me another bill for next year ..they have suspended our benefit totally and want another £125 a month ....I get £130 pension my wife earns £600 a month wages so they want 1/6th of our income a month i still have the mortgage to find gas water electric food ....they told me that because of the new regulations everyone has to pay now ... it now looks like i will be in court then prison and then on the streets ...Scameron doesn't care ....

Steve matey, I told you at the time you first raised this - you should have appealed against their determination, since alleged overpayments caused as a result of an office error is NOT recoverable from the individual.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Not bloody likely Rachel darlin' - the man's a war criminal and I'd like to see his head 'spiked' on the railings outside Parliament!!!
Uncle Joe ..At least we agree on something..
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 10:31 AM

Steve matey, I told you at the time you first raised this - you should have appealed against their determination, since alleged overpayments caused as a result of an office error is NOT recoverable from the individual.
Hi Uncle Joe ...I have tried to appeal, but they keep asking for information that i cannot provide..IE what was the error , why did it happen , who's fault was it ...I have phoned until my phone was smoking but i cannot get anything in writing which the know ....I have even given them the details of the person and department I have spoken to.I have never disputed that in all probability I should have had to pay something and have paid a amount which is the full sum Minus the benefit overpayment they want back which is about 50% od the full total .
I have now sent a letter to my MP....and to be honest he has taken up the case and it looks like they are listening to him as he has written to the council on my behalf and at the moment all action has be suspended pending enquiries...so maybe all is not lost ...I have also given him the details of the Benefits person i originally spoke to who admitted to me the mistake which has caused all the problems ..so fingers crossed all may not be lost ....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top