Join for free
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:09 AM

Syria - US ships move in!

Chemical weapon attacks have prompted the US to move ships in to more or less attack positions. God knows what will happen soon. What a bloody mess in more ways than one.

Syria crisis: US weighs military options
(BBC News link - safe)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Re: Syria - US ships move in!

Yes matey, the Americans are following our example and 'sending in the gun boat'!!! (UK sent a warship into Gibraltar earlier this week to 'warn off' Spain over its dispute about Gibraltar itself and Spain's fishing rights)
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes matey, the Americans are following our example and 'sending in the gun boat'!!! (UK sent a warship into Gibraltar earlier this week to 'warn off' Spain over its dispute about Gibraltar itself and Spain's fishing rights)
But with the 'gung-ho' approach the US is known for it could get nasty very quickly. One thing that the US hate is any use of chemical warfare. Makes me think it was maybe done on purpose to cause some sort of retaliation. I mean who the heck would use such a method nowadays as it is bound to cause reprisals? Then again the whole area must be full of lunatics, well they appear to be anyways.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Yes matey, American diplomacy is not noted for their subtlety, they tend to shoot first (notwithstanding most of them couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces) and ask questions later.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:43 PM

Well, if International Law has been breached then what can Syria expect?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
The whole middle east should be taken over if you ask me. Like a mad children's playground without any sensible teachers. Completely gaga the whole lot of them .
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:40 PM

Yes matey, American diplomacy is not noted for their subtlety, they tend to shoot first (notwithstanding most of them couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces) and ask questions later.
Now THAT I think is the FUNNIEST thing I have read on this forum to date.. Omg... Thanks Honey... I needed a laugh this morning...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
True.. and Syria isn't the problem. We could squash that mess over there with one hand tied behind our backs.. However it's Russia.. They are Syria's ally.. Do we want a fight with Russia? With Russia behaving like petulent fools of late.. no telling what Putin will be interested in doing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Now THAT I think is the FUNNIEST thing I have read on this forum to date.. Omg... Thanks Honey... I needed a laugh this morning...

Yes Audrey darlin' - the best place to be when the American military open fire is behind them, that way they can't be caught in 'friendly fire'.
AudreyII
USA

24-08-2013, 01:48 PM

Yes Audrey darlin' - the best place to be when the American military open fire is behind them, that way they can't be caught in 'friendly fire'.

Well that's good to know.. I guess you won't be a beggin' us for help the next time... OK??

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top