Join for free
Page 38 of 38 « First < 28 36 37 38
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 01:26 PM

Re: Syria - US ships move in!

I doubt he will do that, at the moment when he leaves office he can say none of his fault it was people stopping him, if he goes ahead he has no excuse if it all goes wrong. And I think he is cleverer than to leave him self open to that sort of criticism.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
That is how I've come to feel. The cuts being imposed in Britain are quite savage, what pensioners have to live on is unbelievable (if they don't have private pension plans already in place), not enough nurses to man hospital wards, people being forced to sell their homes so that they can fund their place in an old people's home - yet the Government readily found £54m to send to Syria. I don't mind helping others but what about the people in our country that are going hungry and cold because they're too afraid of eating enough or putting the heating on and ending up with bills they can't pay.
Yes, agree with your comments there BV.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 05:07 PM

Turn up for the books.

Give up weapons, Russia urges Syria
(BBC News Link)

Didn't expect this at all.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
No the Clink Im in took away my internet access but on appeal have reinstated them.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
You all have to understand,... We would really like to have the UK stand by us as allies.. however.. WE DON'T NEED YOU.. ok? So while disappointing that the UK has not stood by us.. it's really ok. Right now we are making the decision in our Congress about what to do. When the American people decide... it will be done or not done. I personally hope we don't, but trust me... if we don't... it's not because of what England decided.
Audrey,without the USA this world as we know it would of finished in 1943,if it were not for the Americans we would be speaking German and Japanese!
The USA wether we like it or not is a world peacekeeper,just the threat of Americas military might is enough to stop other countries trying it on,and its a thankless job,all these people who deride America should just imagine a world without them?
WE would not have any life,Germany would of conquered Britain as they already had done in Europe,I would be speaking Japanese now and be getting my pension paid in "yen",no it is better to have the USA as an ally than as an enemy!
God Bless America!

Billy
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 02:24 AM

Whether you use chemical weapons or drop a bomb on them or carve them up with a machete you wind up with dead people.

So crossing this imaginary red line is nonsense.

Just build a big wall around it and let them sort it out - after all why should our soldiers get killed for these warmongering tribes - whatever you do they will keep on fighting even if they resettle into another country they will keep on fighting once they build up in numbers.

Page 38 of 38 « First < 28 36 37 38

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top