Join for free
Page 3 of 54 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 03:53 PM

Re: Madeleine McCann

Just going by the comments I've heard on TV, Matthew Wright said the same thing the other day. If it was my child I'd be on TV. all the time if I could, sometimes you don't even know about children going missing until you see a poster in the supermarket. It all seems very odd .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 03:53 PM

All we can derive from the whole scenario Pats, is that the McCanns have conducted themselves - shall we say 'differently' .....
Doesn't mean they are guilty - just different in behaviour to the norm ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I don't know what to think, but, it saddens me that other people who have lost children don't get the support or publicity that the Mccanns have.

Yes, I'm with you there Twiz.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 12:03 AM

This pair had everything to do with their child's disappearance. They left three babies alone and vulnerable.

Some one knew those children were alone. Some one was watching the family's movements.

They left her and two younger children alone, in a bedroom. At the very least they are guilty of neglect.

I don't believe they were complicit in any way. They must be two tortured human beings. I would hate to be in their shoes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 11:26 AM

I think because the McCanns were a professional couple and on holiday in a smart resort complex the case has been viewed in a different way from how it would have been had a similar case happened here.

If you look at a similar scenario..
Picture a town in the UK and a young couple go a hundred yards down the road to the pub for a meal with friends leaving their three young children asleep in bed and the door unlocked.
One child goes missing.
Would that young couple have been treated the same way as the McCanns with a fund started and extensive media coverage or would they have faced a charge of neglect?

The NSPCC says
Babies, toddlers and very young children should never be left alone
The law says that parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised ‘in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health’.
https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 12:19 PM

How many people do you know who would go on holiday taking with them the telephone number for Tony Blair and Sky news?

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-human...id-you-do.html
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 01:05 PM

When did this couple 'ever' work - they appear to be forever on holidays !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2013, 01:23 PM

I certainly would not run back to the restaurant ! The first priority would be to call the police, then - ring the husband
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 01:57 PM

meg ..that is the absolute truth...they should have been charged with neglect at least.....I know they will have suffered but they should have known better than to leave their children....even if their friends were doing it....come to think of it...their friends should be charged with neglect too....anything could have happened to their children
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2013, 02:01 PM

May be the only 'suffering' they have endured is from 'those' that do not believe them ......
The more I hear on this case - the more I 'dont' believe them but, I would not act on that feeling ...... I hope there is a breakthrough .....

Page 3 of 54 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top