Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 05:36 PM

Re: 1/5th of maternity budget on blunders !

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...-blunders.html

This is a shocking statistic.

What has gone wrong and what can we do to mend it ?
The Telegraph's heading is misleading Julie - 20% of the budget is being spent on INSURANCE to fund claims being made against the NHS Maternity services.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 05:41 PM

That could be even worse then if they insure against it the figure could be more !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I watch MPs on things like Question Time and you know what - I don't think they care one jot. I am convinced they see us as nothing more than hamsters on the commercial wheel.

Once again, I agree with you.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 06:14 PM

why do they get financial help with their heating bills....don't they know that they just need to wear an extra jumper.....didn't David Cameron tell us we should do that.....
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 09:09 PM

Gee, why am I not surprised that we seem to have the same politicians here !! and the same problems with our Public Health Service.
In Adelaide we have ambulances ramping ( means parking) outside hospitals with patients who can't get in. Sometimes in 43 C heat for hours.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
why do they get financial help with their heating bills....don't they know that they just need to wear an extra jumper.....didn't David Cameron tell us we should do that.....
They also get a discount for heating their second home. Actually, it answers a lot of questions about why people want to become MPs doesn't it.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
Gee, why am I not surprised that we seem to have the same politicians here !! and the same problems with our Public Health Service.
Do you think there's a special course they have to attend so that they can learn to remove any shred of conscience they were once born with ...

In Adelaide we have ambulances ramping ( means parking) outside hospitals with patients who can't get in. Sometimes in 43 C heat for hours.
I didn't know that happened in Australia. I don't know why but I always assumed you had a much better life standard than we do. I'm surprised! Does it happen a lot?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=ben-varrey;374588]Do you think there's a special course they have to attend so that they can learn to remove any shred of conscience they were once born with ... QUOTE]

Aha! There's no flies on you BV, you've got is sussed.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 06:23 AM

BV
We do have a good system, but unfortunately the Government hasn't been putting money into infrastructure. Our State Governments are responsible for Hospitals and they get some money from the Federal Government.

We also have an aging population, what we call baby boomers, which are putting strain on hospitals. We also don't have enough nurses and Doctors coming through the system, causing some hospitals to close down wards because they can't man them. Some country people have to travel hundreds of miles to see a Dr because they don't want to practice in country towns, apart from the fact we don't have enough to go round.

We are retired and eligible for free cover, but we still keep our Medical Benefits Scheme going so if we need to go to hospital we don't go on a waiting list and we can go to Private hospital if we need to.

Don't know about the other states but the ramping is happening here.

Reading some of the posts on here, I do think we are maybe better off than your pensioners although costs are rising and it's harder for pensioners to manage.

We don't qualify for a pension, although we have both worked all our lives and paid for it with our taxes (they had a levy on our wages) but because we have been careful and saved we are penalised for it. I paid single tax for most of my working life.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Aha! There's no flies on you BV, you've got is sussed.
And all those flies go under the name of cynicism

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top