Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:26 PM

Over 50s Clubs - How to use this section!

Hi All

As we discussed in the Over 50s Dating announcement, we thought it might be an idea to have a clubs section too - where members can meet other people over 50 local to them. Whether you're looking to make friends, searching for travelling buddies, or just looking to chat - helpfully this section will be a good start.

It's easy too - all you need to do is either post in the thread for your area, or if there isn't one yet, create one... and hopefully others from your area will pop in and say hello!

Don't worry about starting a thread for you area if you feel there aren't many members registered here already from your area - that's the purpose of this section, by creating these threads people looking for clubs in your area will hopefully find your thread via Google... and log on to say hello

I hope you like this new feature - and get to make lots of new friends because of it

How do you create a club thread for your area?

It's easy, simply start a new thread in the following format (just replace <area> with your area - town or city should be fine):

Title: Over 50s Club <area>

Post text:

Welcome to the Over 50s Club <area>

Everyone from <area> is welcome to pop in and say hello to start mingling and making friends

We recommend subscribing to this thread so you do not miss any newcomers, and we also welcome suggestions for meet-ups or other ideas to help form a local community.

Above all we hope you will enjoy chatting to those of us local to you in this thread, or with everyone else on the rest of the site ...we're a friendly bunch
Code to copy:

Welcome to the Over 50s Club <area> :039:

Everyone from <area> is welcome to pop in and say hello to start mingling and making friends :mrgreen:

We recommend subscribing to this thread so you do not miss any newcomers, and we also welcome suggestions for meet-ups or other ideas to help form a local community.

Above all we hope you will enjoy chatting to those of us local to you in this thread, or with everyone else on the rest of the site ...we're a friendly bunch :)

Example thread:

Want to see an example? Take a look at the Over 50s Club Somerset thread

Who can post in these threads?

- Those who live in the area
- Those who are positively interested in the area (so no negative remarks from those who do not live in the area or any kind of trolling allowed!)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:30 PM

Re: Over 50s Clubs - How to use this section!

I don't understand any of that! Please just put a link on the side like for Catsy & then put a section for Somerset! I'm thick I'm afraid!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I don't understand any of that! Please just put a link on the side like for Catsy & then put a section for Somerset! I'm thick I'm afraid!
I will copy your post into a new thread and do it for you - we can then use your thread as an example
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-07-2014, 07:35 PM

Ok done

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=18439
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I've been out. It pored with rain and I'm tired.
Consequently I can't be bothered to read anything longer than abt 3 lines ... so I don't understand either

oh OK ~ I've clicked the link and subscribed to Twiz' Somerset thread

I live no where near Somerset
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-07-2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I've been out. It pored with rain and I'm tired.
Consequently I can't be bothered to read anything longer than abt 3 lines ... so I don't understand either

oh OK ~ I've clicked the link and subscribed to Twiz' Somerset thread

I live no where near Somerset
You might be better off starting a thread for Surrey Rachel
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You might be better off starting a thread for Surrey Rachel
yes this would possibly be quite a sensible idea, although I'm a bit wet atm

thank you
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 07:52 PM

oh OK ~ I've clicked the link and subscribed to Twiz'
Somerset thread [/I][/B]

...twit...

I live no where near Somerset [/QUOTE]
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 09:11 PM

Too complicated for me Azz - will you start one for Greater Manchester/Cheshire please ... pretty please

Thank you x
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-07-2014, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Too complicated for me Azz - will you start one for Greater Manchester/Cheshire please ... pretty please

Thank you x
Here ya go: http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=18442

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top