Join for free
Page 2 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 08:26 PM

Re: Scottish Referendum.

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
If the answer is yes I will have to take my passport to go to Rutherglen, and I may have to change my money if they can't have the pound.
LOL,I always take My Passport when I visit My Family in London/Kent...We ALL need some sort of identification no matter which Country We visit,

PS.It's just within the past few Years English Shops etc' would accept Our Scottish Pound...Quite humiliating when the Manager had to be called to scrutinize Me and IT every time I made a purchase.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Shops in Lancashire have always accepted Scottish money, it must be them southerners who don't trust you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
LOL,I always take My Passport when I visit My Family in London/Kent...We ALL need some sort of identification no matter which Country We visit,

PS.It's just within the past few Years English Shops etc' would accept Our Scottish Pound...Quite humiliating when the Manager had to be called to scrutinize Me and IT every time I made a purchase.

May darlin' - I have the same problem everytime I go to Northern Ireland - their currency is slightly different and not accepted here in Brighton, albeit its the same sterling currency.

However, I have managed to travel to Northern Ireland using only my bus pass as identification.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Shops in Lancashire have always accepted Scottish money, it must be them southerners who don't trust you.
Do 'Them Southerners' trust Anybody except other Southerners?..oooer..
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

23-07-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
May darlin' - I have the same problem everytime I go to Northern Ireland - their currency is slightly different and not accepted here in Brighton, albeit its the same sterling currency.

However, I have managed to travel to Northern Ireland using only my bus pass as identification.
Your bus pass?..Hmm..I wouldn't be so trusting...Did You also have Your driving licence?...I've been to both North and South Ireland,but was always advised to bring My Passport....Just in case
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 08:49 PM

Yes - that's kind of the way I've seen it. The Scots are able to cope with incredible adversity and come out playing the bagpipes the other side. I'll be sad to see Scotland go but think it would be a wonderful opportunity for this wonderful proud land and its population.

I am watching the opening ceremony of the commonwealth games at the moment and (unconsciously) think of the Scots as fellow countrymen/women and it will be strange to think of them as foreigners!

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Firstly I have to say this cannot be a fair debate as I think there just aren't enough Scots on this Site to put in THEIR tuppence worth,

My view is no matter what the outcome ,be it yay or nay,We Scots will pull together and accept the majority decision..We WILL do what's right for Our Country,trust Us
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
The Scots are able to cope with incredible adversity and come out playing the bagpipes the other side!
I like that statement, I must try and use it on my next trip up north.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 06:57 PM

As a Scot and a Highlander I would like to add that I like the English People as a whole, However I resent being ruled by Westminster, as far as a lot of people from this area are concerned Westminster don't give a toss about Scotland, a lot of them have never even been here. We never get the Government we vote for, as far as I can remember Scotland has never voted for a Tory Government....yet we have one once again,. As for Alex Salmond, this is not a Vote for him as some people seem to think. It's a Vote for Scotland, the SNP could be voted out in the next election. But I feel they do care about Scotland where Westminster doesn't.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 07:02 PM

I think you can apply that to large parts of the country Roxy, certainly Wales and North East England would agree with you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
As a Scot and a Highlander I would like to add that I like the English People as a whole, However I resent being ruled by Westminster, as far as a lot of people from this area are concerned Westminster don't give a toss about Scotland, a lot of them have never even been here. We never get the Government we vote for, as far as I can remember Scotland has never voted for a Tory Government....yet we have one once again,. As for Alex Salmond, this is not a Vote for him as some people seem to think. It's a Vote for Scotland, the SNP could be voted out in the next election. But I feel they do care about Scotland where Westminster doesn't.
I can understand your point Roxy, because I have never voted for a Labour Scottish minister but have been ruled by one for thirteen of the last seventeen years...

Seriously though, do you feel that Scotland is neglected even when Labour are in power?

Page 2 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top