Join for free
Page 2 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:22 PM

Re: Judy Finnegan

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I know but they're very impressionable and they all want to bag a footballer!! He should know better and she shouldn't have gone back there.
Agree with you - would she have said the same if it were her daughter. I think on such a sensitive subject - don't form an opinion, you were not there ......
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:26 PM

Judy Finnigan's thinking was faulty to say the least and when she said that there was no violence involved, she was unthinking, crass and very wrong - she should have known better. Quite rightly she should have apologised unreservedly. I would imagine this statement has thrown doubt on her credibility.

As defined under law in England and Wales -
"Rape itself is an act of violence.
Rape is the violation of a woman's (or child, or man's) body. It is the forced insertion of a penis into a bodily orifice without consent"

Also - This from the Rape Crisis website

[I]Myth
The woman was drunk / took drugs / was hitch hiking / wore tight clothes / worked in the sex industry / seduced him / probably got what she was asking for.

Fact If a person is unconscious or their judgement is impaired by alcohol or drugs, legally they are unable to give consent. Having non-consensual sex with a person who is intoxicated is rape.

Rapists use a variety of excuses to attempt to discredit the women they rape and to justify their crimes. But no-one asks or deserves to be raped or sexually assaulted and 100% of the responsibility for any act of sexual violence lies with its perpetrator.[/I]
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I know but they're very impressionable and they all want to bag a footballer!! He should know better and she shouldn't have gone back there.
Bag a footballer? They must be desperate. Especially as he had a known partner. No matter what the drunken, out of her face, female did, she should not have gone there. You have to be responsible for your own actions. Especially in a hotel room you've chosen to go to.

Any female who has been raped has to live with this for the rest of her life. I've not been raped, but have been abused. To go to a hotel room, willingly,even if out of your face, was so ridiculous. To make a claim afterwards made a farce of it because she must have been out of her face. That's where she went wrong. Poor, silly girl.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Judy Finnigan's thinking was faulty to say the least and when she said that there was no violence involved, she was unthinking, crass and very wrong - she should have known better. Quite rightly she should have apologised unreservedly. I would imagine this statement has thrown doubt on her credibility.
As defined under law in England and Wales -
"Rape itself is an act of violence.
Rape is the violation of a woman's (or child, or man's) body. It is the forced insertion of a penis into a bodily orifice without consent"

Also - This from the Rape Crisis website

[I]Myth
The woman was drunk / took drugs / was hitch hiking / wore tight clothes / worked in the sex industry / seduced him / probably got what she was asking for.

Fact If a person is unconscious or their judgement is impaired by alcohol or drugs, legally they are unable to give consent. Having non-consensual sex with a person who is intoxicated is rape.

Rapists use a variety of excuses to attempt to discredit the women they rape and to justify their crimes. But no-one asks or deserves to be raped or sexually assaulted and 100% of the responsibility for any act of sexual violence lies with its perpetrator.[/I]
An apology would have been the correct thing to do ......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:31 PM

I've absolutely no interest whatsoever in the footballer. Footballer? Of no interest to me. Whether he was jailed or not is also of no interest to me. What does pain me is women who get so drunk they go to bed with men and then complain about it afterwards. Sorry, but it leaves me cold and unfeeling towards them.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

19-10-2014, 06:33 PM

I'm sure Judy, the woman she is, may apologise. Because she feels she has to.

This isn't about rapists, this is about women who go out there and put it about and then complain about it. I just cannot comprehend this. I have three sons, and some drunken female could say they've done such a thing. It makes me sick.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:34 PM

I also think she talked a lot of sense. I do believe some people act extremely outraged at such remarks because they think it puts them on a higher pedestal. As far as I'm concerned the man has paid his debt to society by doing his time and he should be allowed to go back to his job.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

19-10-2014, 06:34 PM

....and although I've started the thread, I'll bow out now before I say something i really regret.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-10-2014, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I also think she talked a lot of sense. I do believe some people act extremely outraged at such remarks because they think it puts them on a higher pedestal. As far as I'm concerned the man has paid his debt to society by doing his time and he should be allowed to go back to his job.
He seems to be doing very nicely Alan - no affect on him whatsoever .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:37 PM

Judy was asked an opinion on a TV show some seem to be suggesting she should have no opinion or kept quiet. Well not much of a show if they all did that. We all here say everyone is entitled to their opinion (I hope we do) and that is all she has given. Does she have no right to an opinion ?

Page 2 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top