Join for free
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 04:17 PM

Cashier refused to serv pork sauages

Just come back from shopping with my partner , partner went to marks and Spencer's in Holloway road to get a few other food bits , as we got to the tills there was a chap in front of us that just had a bottle of wine , when he got serve we notice this chap stormed off without his wine , at the time I didn't give it much thought ,when my partner was served the cashier put or the iterms through , except the pork sauages , the cashier then said sorry it's against my religion to touch pork , and he ask my girlfriend to take them to the self services tills , she refused saying I am a customer that want a service, the cashier called another member of staff that put the sauages through , I told the cashier he's in the wrong job , he said I can't understand why the management put him on the tills , knowing that his religion bans him for touching pork and alcholic drinks , I was going to have a rant at the management , but couldn't be ask as I have a awfull ear ache , want to get home
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 04:52 PM

Re: Cashier refused to serv pork sauages

What religion bans selling pork or alcohol ? must be some obscure sect of a very small number of people.

Or it didn't happen ?
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Feel sorry for you victors mate , if that the best you can come up with , only person trolling is you , keep the play ground stuff to the playground pls

Back to the post in a adult way, who at fault , management that toke this chap on knowing his faith , or the chap himself knowing working in a food store your required to handle pork , in a sence your handling a package , I heard of this but this is the first time I witness it , myself I a strick vegan it's like me getting a job in a butchers shop,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 04:55 PM

Well sorry but my money is on it didn't happen especially in a shop like M&S where staff are highly trained for each job.
Markey1
London

15-03-2015, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What religion bans selling pork or alcohol ? must be some obscure sect of a very small number of people.

Or it didn't happen ?
i buy most of my food from vegans shops , they don't have any meat ingredients , not a religeon but my beliefs , there's religions that their beliefs are not to eat or touch certain meats . Point I making should a person work in a shop that it's against his belief to serve a certain product , I just can't understand who anyone can get a job that doesn't meet the job description , bit like me getting a job in morrison , then saying to the customer sorry I a strick vegan , I can't touch meat products , but , I am a strick vegan and have nothing to do with harming animals job what ever .
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Feel sorry for you victors mate , if that the best you can come up with , only person trolling is you , keep the play ground stuff to the playground pls

Back to the post in a adult way, who at fault , management that toke this chap on knowing his faith , or the chap himself knowing working in a food store your required to handle pork , in a sence your handling a package , I heard of this but this is the first time I witness it , myself I a strick vegan it's like me getting a job in a butchers shop,
You are at fault just trolling by quoting a story that is so old it was originally written in Latin.
Markey1
London

15-03-2015, 05:11 PM

Well sorry but my money is on it didn't happen especially in a shop like M&S where staff are highly trained for each job.
There's your answer , and mine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25488259
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:12 PM

I don't believe it for a minute!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:13 PM

Yes, that's what I understand Julie - just like Waitrose.

I knew someone years ago at John Lewis - same group as Waitrose - and he told me that their selection and training schemes are second to none and he was with them from a van boy to a senior manager.

I really can't see M&S employing anyone, anywhere without careful selection and training. stevmk2
Markey1
London

15-03-2015, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
You are at fault just trolling by quoting a story that is so old it was originally written in Latin.

I never made a statement that my gramma is great , in fact from day one on this forum , made it quit clear , my schooling was none , due to alcholic father that beat us daily , and murdered my mum, but if you like to be little people carry on , seriously what I been through in life , someone trying to have a go at my spelling , is the last thing that's going to get to me , stop embrassing yourself now ,

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top