Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
gardener
UK
gardener is male  gardener has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 10:40 PM

Welcome back Nigel Farage

UKIP membership have refused to accept Nigel Farage's resignation. Will this be seen a a benefit to Nigel & or the membership. At the present time he does seem to be the public face of the party
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 11:30 PM

Re: Welcome back Nigel Farage

That must be the shortest 'departure' on record and pretty much what I thought would happen .

UKIP is not my cup of tea but I do quite like Farage, I think he has measure of charisma unlike the rest of his party of oddbods.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=Meg;649842That must be the shortest 'departure' on record and pretty much what I thought would happen .

UKIPd is not my cup of tea but I do quite like Farage, I think he has measure of charisma unlike the rest of his party of oddbods.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It must have been all of 3 days Meg.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 12:52 AM

I'm glad for him. I like him as a person.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by gardener ->
UKIP membership have refused to accept Nigel Farage's resignation. Will this be seen a a benefit to Nigel & or the membership. At the present time he does seem to be the public face of the party
He is the only one to lead the party - 'Charisma' is a rare thing and he has it - I could watch him speak every day
If I'd been through what he had - I'd have thought I've had enough - on reflection though and with the support of his party - he's back !
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 09:19 AM

Firstly I'll state my position is former Labour supporter who now votes UKIP

He is undoubtedly one of the best political figures we have, and I am pleased that he is back. Even friends who do not support UKIP admit that.

I have seen on TV debates that UKIP have other good speakers, both men & women, but the press & media seem to have a fascination with Nigel, and that tends to give the impression that it is a one man band
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 09:36 AM

I am tempted to think its all been a fiddle he never intended to leave.
Johnny
London
Johnny is male  Johnny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 09:45 AM

He'd make a good taxi driver, but politician? Hohohohoho....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by seacroft ->
I am tempted to think its all been a fiddle he never intended to leave.
...no I don't think he did , it was a gesture he felt had to make after failing to win the Thanet seat...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 11:04 AM

I know that we should vote for a party and not a person, but it's amazing that in the past great people have led their parties to success where otherwise that party would have struggled. Take Miliband and Clegg, although probably very nice people, they did not have that special ingredient to win the people. Every now and then someone bubbles to the top and makes an impression. For me that man is Nigel Farage. I may be biased because I am proud to be called British, and he is the only man to address the problems of sovereignty, by tackling over population and the ability of our politicians to run this country without the increasing interference from Brussels. Like sand running through an egg timer, our powers, customs and nationality are trickling away until the time arrives when we shall just be a very small part in the sum that makes up Europe.

Nigel Farage and UKIP intend to stop this ebbing away of our national identity, and no proper thinking British subject can seriously suggest that we throw away everything that our soldiers have fought and died for in two world wars. The EU started off as a good idea to promote trade between European countries, but many countries have been allowed to join who are (a) not really European, and (b) have no real commercial structure, and so the laws that make the EU a 'Good Idea' are in fact destroying it as mass migration proves. Everyone moving to the wealthiest parts.

As with other great civilizations in the past, the snowball effect will destroy it from within when an army could not. I welcome people from all over the world, they have helped make Britain the country that it is, the country that I love, and although I have, at best, twenty five years left in this green and pleasant land, I would like to think that my descendants will continue to be happy and safe in this proud and pleasant land, Nigel Farage and UKIP will do their best to keep it so.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top