Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Water Dragon
Brisbane Australia
Water Dragon is male  Water Dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:31 PM

Re: It's nearly one a day are arrested

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What about the thousands of innocent Iraqis and Afghans who died in 'barbaric actions' at the hands of people from the west.We in the west (or people acting in our name like Blair and Bush ) helped to lift the lid on pandora's box and there is no going back now.

Violence breeds violence and I don't think it is surprising that extremists muslims have taken over in places where a vacuum was left partly do to our intervention and that the muslims in this country feel the call to go to help their brothers .

There is almost always more than one side to every story .
Meg I tend to agree
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Meg's muslim terrorism just don't come from irag and afgan , it's all over the world , I should inmagine most uk born muslims that joined Isis never step foot in irag or afgan ,

There's a large number of muslim attacks in Africa , what's the connection between Africa and irag or afgan, non its religeon at it worst ,
Marky I think you have a very narrow and simplistic view of world affairs .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:33 PM

No doubt 'the scum' had their reasons and perhaps if we stopped referring to these people as 'scum' and tried to understand why they behaved like they did we would have a better chance of getting to grips with the present situation.

My husband served in Northern Ireland among other places, he experienced many dreadful things including having two of his soldiers blown up by a dustbin bomb in front of his eyes . He himself received injuries which contributed to his death some years later.

I do not think of the people who did this as 'scum', many of them were fighting for what they considered to be a cause based originally on the repression and treatment heaped on to them by this country. The conflict in Ireland was eventually bought to a resolution (though there are still differences bubbling under the surface) by peaceful means and people getting together not by calling each other 'scum'.
Scum they always will be to me. Anyone who wants to deliberately set out to kill people can't be called any thing less. I don't want to understand their minds. I don't want to go there.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Water Dragon ->
Gumbud it is the same the world over. I feel that we are only at the beginning of this war.
I think we are Water Dragon
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

17-05-2015, 12:36 PM

If my son had been killed that day I'd sure as hell wouldn't be sitting wondering why the scum did it and tried to understand them...........they are beyond that.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:39 PM

No doubt 'the scum' had their reasons and perhaps if we stopped referring to these people as 'scum' and tried to understand why they behaved like they did we would have a better chance of getting to grips with the present situation.

My husband served in Northern Ireland among other places, he experienced many dreadful things including having two of his soldiers blown up by a dustbin bomb in front of his eyes . He himself received injuries which contributed to his death some years later.

I do not think of the people who did this as 'scum', many of them were fighting for what they considered to be a cause based originally on the repression and treatment heaped on to them by this country (the potato famine alone killed over a million) . The conflict in Ireland was eventually bought to a resolution (though there are still differences bubbling under the surface) by peaceful means and people getting together not by calling each other 'scum'.

So blowing up kids , woman and men that are innocent and you don't think there scum , it's ok for you as they have a cause ,

Odd way of looking at it
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Marky I think you have a very narrow and simplistic view of world affairs .

Not at all don't believe two wrongs make a right , believe if anyone think it's ok to blow kids woman and men up as they have a good cause pretty thick themself ,

I find Meg's more would agree with me than you ,

Talk about simplistic views Meg

Again a mod getting personal
Markey1
London

17-05-2015, 12:54 PM

I seen the effects of a dustbin bomb , and thoses who planted ie Ira are scum , a tourist from norwal of Sweden girl of 16 the poor soul near the bin ,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 01:01 PM

Not at all don't believe two wrongs make a right , believe if anyone think it's ok to blow kids woman and men up as they have a good cause pretty thick themself ,

I find Meg's more would agree with me than you ,

Talk about simplistic views Meg

Again a mod getting personal
On the contrary Mark, it is quite in order for me to say I consider your views simplistic.
See this explanation below

Originally Posted by Azz
A simple way to look at it is concentrate on what's said, rather than who said it. For example, it's perfectly ok to say:

"I think that opinion is bigoted and backwards"

But not:

"I think you are bigoted and backwards"
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...815#post201815
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 01:02 PM

So blowing up kids , woman and men that are innocent and you don't think there scum , it's ok for you as they have a cause ,

Odd way of looking at it
How many innocent Muslims have been killed by the bombs of Bush and Blair?

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top