Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 12:21 PM

Re: Forums - why the need?

I tend to post on OFF when I'm bored or have to work to do and putting it off for as long as possible. Both are not good prerequisites for considerate postings. Both of the above is where I'm at right now come to think of it. Time to read the news maybe .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I tend to post on OFF when I'm bored or have to work to do and putting it off for as long as possible. Both are not good prerequisites for considerate postings. Both of the above is where I'm at right now come to think of it. Time to read the news maybe .
I post on here because I'm hooked, and like Myra, I can't wait to catch up with the latest comments and posts. It's like looking in at the pub or running club and saying hello to all my friends. Unfortunately, I don't drink and visit the pub any more, [most pubs have shut round here] and I'm quite happy to do my own thing concerning running, so I don't frequent the running club any more [It's full of young hopefuls trying to knock off tenths of seconds from their ten-kay times] so Over 50s Forum nicely fills the chasm for this retired old bloke who likes to ramble on.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I post on here because I'm hooked, and like Myra, I can't wait to catch up with the latest comments and posts. It's like looking in at the pub or running club and saying hello to all my friends. Unfortunately, I don't drink and visit the pub any more, [most pubs have shut round here] and I'm quite happy to do my own thing concerning running, so I don't frequent the running club any more [It's full of young hopefuls trying to knock off tenths of seconds from their ten-kay times] so Over 50s Forum nicely fills the chasm for this retired old bloke who likes to ramble on.....

Well you and me both Foxey (except not the 'bloke' bit)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:28 PM

It's like a world wide social club for the more mature Mups, Can't wait to surf the site every morning over me porridge.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:31 PM

It's like a world wide social club for the more mature Mups,
Can't wait to surf the site every morning over me porridge.

Ooh, I like that. You put that rather well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:20 PM

It's like a world wide social club for the more mature Mups, Can't wait to surf the site every morning over me porridge.
Robert I also catch up while eating my porridge too, we must be careful not to drop any I don't think porridge and PCs are compatible
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-05-2015, 11:23 PM

Yes, for heavens sake mind your porridge Meg.
You've got enough trouble with the tv, radio and iffy phone, so you don't want to get porridge in your PC as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, for heavens sake mind your porridge Meg.
You've got enough trouble with the tv, radio and iffy phone, so you don't want to get porridge in your PC as well.
See the TV post Mups there has been a resurrection ..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-05-2015, 11:33 PM

Aha, splendid. It's not the gremlins back again then.

That was good you managed to cancel in time.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top