Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 04:10 PM

Re: Gay marriage referendum.

Brilliant move Ireland
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 05:18 PM

I'm glad the yoke of the church has finally been removed and people can get on with their lives whatever their sexual or religious persuasions are. Congratulations to the yes camp.
Now to kick out all the corrupt politicians in the next vote and start running the country fairly so everyone gets a chance of a decent job and a roof over their heads, come to think of it that's all most decent citizen want, surely not an impossible task.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;656033]I'm glad the yoke of the church has finally been removed and people can get on with their lives whatever their sexual or religious persuasions are. Congratulations to the yes camp.
Now to kick out all the corrupt politicians in the next vote and start running the country fairly so everyone gets a chance of a decent job and a roof over their heads, come to think of it that's all most decent citizen want, surely not an impossible task.[/

Can we please have that in the UK too?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 07:26 PM

If Ireland can do it we all can! - not that I opposed to religion of the faiths - but they do need to change themselves become more open-minded - a read of "Conversations with God" might help? It's also interesting to see the blank spaces of "member no response"
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The were discussing the referendum on the early news and I was quite surprised there was so much support for the 'yes' vote. I wasn't sure Ireland was ready for it but I am delighted they appear to have been
I wasn't sure either, Meg, but I am so pleased to see this marked change in attitudes. This is one example of progress that I wholeheartedly embrace.
Water Dragon
Brisbane Australia
Water Dragon is male  Water Dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 01:22 AM

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to check if I am in the 21st not 16th century with rights of people with differing Sexual orientation still being discussed.

Having said that I suppose the fact that Ireland is having a referendum at all is a big leap forward for a country where until fairly recently married women were not allowed to work.
And why not ??
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 08:27 AM

If you wondered why we're married women not working WD look at post #15.
Water Dragon
Brisbane Australia
Water Dragon is male  Water Dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
If you wondered why we're married women not working WD look at post #15.
Anita I am not sure what you are trying to tell me there.

I was replying to the Meg post where it said
"Sometimes I have to pinch myself to check if I am in the 21st not 16th century with rights of people with differing Sexual orientation still being discussed. "

And I replied why not?......simple question
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 11:40 AM

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to check if I am in the 21st not 16th century with rights of people with differing Sexual orientation still being discussed.
Originally Posted by Meg
Having said that I suppose the fact that Ireland is having a referendum at all is a big leap forward for a country where until fairly recently married women were not allowed to work.
Originally Posted by water dragon
And why not ??
Why not to which post WD I thought the reason was self evident in my both posts...
1 Because I feel civilisation should have progressed beyond the dark ages by now ...
2 Because it is for a woman to decided if she wishes to work rather than for a man or a church to dictate this.
Water Dragon
Brisbane Australia

30-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Meg

1/ And as I asked previously why not discuss it?
Sometimes some of them leave themselves wide open for discussion especially the way they dress and perform in street Pageants and Mardi Gras.
Everything is up for discussion today not like it was in the 16th century as you called it.

2/ I have No objections should a married women wish to go to work.
The Catholic Church has never said that I am aware of, that a married women cannot work.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top