Join for free
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 08:32 AM

Not seeing grandchildren

On tv this morning, the plight of grandparents who are denied any contact with their grandchildren. 85% of the grandparents have sons who have separated from their partners. Of course there are some grandparents where there is a genuine reason for now being allowed contact, but for others it is heartbreaking.

How can parents be so cruel just for their own sakes?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 08:58 AM

Re: Not seeing grandchildren

I can't share all with you ,it's a long story to tell and goes back 7 years . But it's happening within my own family and I am told not to interfere by my daughter .

She and her husband won't allow his parents to see or have anything to do with the two grandchildren. There are many reasons it seems , and he has little to do with his family , there has been a lot of nastiness from his family to him and his wife. As I say I've been told not to get involved .

I would like to see a reunion but I can't voice my feelings .

I'm the only granparent the girls know . It's very sad .
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 10:25 AM

I feel so sorry for those grandparents when it is none of their doing. However if you were abused by your parents when you were a child, you are not going to take your kids to visit them however much they complain. It's called karma.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 10:29 AM

I agree Jodie we have only one side of the story ever and we have no idea what happened earlier in their lives.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 11:12 AM

I never had children but I do sometimes wonder. I would have allowed their grandmother to see them but not their grandfather.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 12:52 PM

People have different reasons, but I think its very sad if its a case of parents splitting up and making a set of grandparents suffer just because of how YOU feel. Cruel to the children and the grandparents if they are decent, caring people.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top