Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 05:56 PM

Disown your children

Many years ago my cousin was disowned by his dad for being gay , David died of HIV , you hear cultures that have arrange marrieds and the parents will disown their child if they break the rules and marry someone else , friend of mine was disown by his parents that were very religous , John was the complete oppersite and they disown them completely

What would it take to disown your children
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:09 PM

Re: Disown your children

Children should be born out of love for each other and the offspring a sign of that love. Yes there are times when you think why did we bother? then when grand children come along you know why.

guess I am lucky both sons turned out ok so can't speak for other situations
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:10 PM

no, never mind what they did or what they are.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:13 PM

Nothing would make me disown my children, a good parent cannot switch off their love for their children under any circumstances.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:17 PM

I dont know... When my boys were 18 we bought one a car and the other wanted a scooter.. Fine but I told them if they ever dared get beghind the wheel after drinking I would personally hand them over to the police and press the button on the car crusher myself.

Same goes for hitting a woman ..

Of course Ive never needed to carry out my threat because my boys and my daughter were raised with decent manners and respect..
But I can see circumstances where parents might werll disown their children.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:35 PM

It is possible to hate what your child is up to while at the same time love your child. One of my sons was going down the wrong road in his late teens and I told him to go. He spent a few years on the wrong side of life but eventually came good. We never disowned him but made it clear we didn't approve of his life-style.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:37 PM

If they abused a child - scammed an elder - many incidences I can think of for disowning a relative ................
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 09:02 PM

I could never disown any of my two children. If they committed a serious crime I would feel the shame more than they would and it might break me up but they are still my kids.
It can work the other way round too, I have known people to disown their own mother and father, wouldn't even attend the funerals.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 09:09 PM

Mine aren't even mine but if they did something really bad I would blame myself and think I had failed them, I would still love them and stand with them but they would know I didn't approve and felt shame. I would also had them over if I discovered they had broken the law I don't consider that disowning them that's just making them take responsibility.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 09:37 PM

I don't know about disowning children some people shouldn't have been parents in the first place.

The situation probably wouldn't arise if the relationship was a solid one from the start.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top