Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 01:39 PM

Re: Disown your children

Originally Posted by jodie ->
I think you might still want to help them, even if you couldn't forgive them?

Interestingly I remember watching a proggie where a guy who had sexually abused children wanted to find help and no one would give it. He said if you tell everyone you have those feelings you get driven out of your home & your job or chucked in jail - so no one would ever own up to it while there is no help available.

Who knows if that is genetic or something to do with upbringing but people need help as well as restrictions on their freedom, if there's something in their makeup they have no control over.
Quite so Jodie..

No puppet master pulls the strings on high
Proportioning our parts, the tinsel and the paint
A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry
Predestines the sinner or the saint

Each held more firmly than by hempen bands
Slave of his entrails, struts across the scene
The malnutrition of some gland
Makes him the Ripper or the Nazarene

"Slaves" by George Slyvester Vireck
I would never disown my son whatever he did, he is half of my own flesh. I could hate the crime but not the perpetrator.
Not that I anticipate finding myself in that situation, I know my son too well
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 01:40 PM

Good post, Jodie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by jodie ->
I think you might still want to help them, even if you couldn't forgive them?

Interestingly I remember watching a proggie where a guy who had sexually abused children wanted to find help and no one would give it. He said if you tell everyone you have those feelings you get driven out of your home & your job or chucked in jail - so no one would ever own up to it while there is no help available.

Who knows if that is genetic or something to do with upbringing but people need help as well as restrictions on their freedom, if there's something in their makeup they have no control over.
Very good points Jodie.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 08:27 PM

Would never turn my back on family or Forster kids over the years , if they are doing wrong I rather work with them , then they doing things behind my back , i been very lucky as they all been totally honest with me , its hasn't been easy from a long shoot , but I been here to guide them in the right path over the years ,it's better to know the devil than being blinded what happen under one nose
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Would never turn my back on family or Forster kids over the years , if they are doing wrong I rather work with them , then they doing things behind my back , i been very lucky as they all been totally honest with me , its hasn't been easy from a long shoot , but I been here to guide them in the right path over the years ,it's better to know the devil than being blinded what happen under one nose
Good attitude Markey. We have to take children's experience into consideration. If they've had a hellish life then it will have made it's mark. I'm a believer in that childhood shapes who you are. If you have a good support then it's half the battle into a good adulthood.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:26 PM

I could never disown my Child and I have had reason to over the years but I love her unconditionaly. I dont have to like her all the time but I do love her. but i can see where sometimes its the only solution for some people
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:30 PM

Lets hope folks extend this sentiment to others offspring.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:37 PM

Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, marge wouldn't masticate in his Mush.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Myra;655223]Good attitude Markey. We have to take children's experience into consideration. If they've had a hellish life then it will have made it's mark. I'm a believer in that childhood shapes who you are. If you have a good support then it's half the battle into a good adulthood.[/QUOTE

Way I look at it myra , if your children are in trouble they will dig themself into a bigger hole most of the time , if they have your trust you can give them sound advice , you even might tell a white lie , but the most important thing is your child know they can rely on their parents is push come to a shove , that how I work ,
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 02:45 PM

I have been very lucky in that I have three lovely young men who are my sons. I'm so proud of them and everyone always tells me how lovely they are. However, I have worked in Social Services and I know what goes on out there with what they call "problem families". Children don't do wrong things for no reason. It can be a cry for help. I would have to try and understand why they did what they did, no matter how difficult it would be to comprehend it for me. I sincerely think there is always a reason for children/adults doing the things they do. Maybe some parents need to look back at how they brought up the child? I'm a firm believer in that.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top