Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:37 PM

Really !

How can I possibly doubt the veracity of this communication ?

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:47 PM

Re: Really !

One's like that always make me laugh, been getting one from a lady calling herself Idiamin for a while offering me a deal she seems to have a fixation with a plot of land she needs to sell and thinks I may be the rightful owner. Her name always makes me but rest of the letter makes me
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:54 PM

I've had emails like that in the past but not for many years now. Maybe my AVG stops them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:59 PM

Curmudgeon, you have betrayed their confidence and told us! Off to the naughty step with you.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 02:04 PM

Still somebody somewhere must fall for this type of thing, God help them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 03:40 PM

I say its all a pack a lies ...............
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Still somebody somewhere must fall for this type of thing, God help them.
Funnily it was on our local news last night , a retired GP,plus his wife a retired Teacher , had both been scammed of Thousands of Pounds. On different Scams,,
What I saw in them was greed ,trying to make some easy money. ,..you would have thought they had enough income coming in. Plus enough Intelligence to know it was a scam they were getting into .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 05:10 PM

Only had one of these scams using my maiden name.
Told them that I had done my ancestry and no way
had any of my ancestors gone to Jamaica
Never had one since.
People who would spend thousands of pounds on some
letter or e mail telling them they need to contribute their
thousands are on a mugs list. There are supposed to be
about 300,000 in the UK alone. How could you win a lottery
you never entered, how could you be a long lost son of
someone who is a banker in Ghana etc.
Tell them to stick it and get on with your lovely pension and
savings that you earned by working. In other words tell them
to get lost.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Funnily it was on our local news last night , a retired GP,plus his wife a retired Teacher , had both been scammed of Thousands of Pounds. On different Scams,,
What I saw in them was greed ,trying to make some easy money. ,..you would have thought they had enough income coming in. Plus enough Intelligence to know it was a scam they were getting into .
That is just it Eliza, greed in many instances .
I can understand someone who is elderly with dementia being confused and getting 'taken in' and I feel sorry for them but seemingly intelligent people seem to lose their common sense when presented with the prospect of something for nothing .

There was a retired schoolteacher on the radio recently who sounded compos mentis and lost thousands to a scammer..
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I say its all a pack a lies ...............
You think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top