Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Re: Burqa ban

It should be banned if for no other reason than to free the women from it who are forced into wearing it, which I suspect is a much larger percentage than those who choose to wear it........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't look at it that way just because freedoms are denied in other countries is no reason for us to deny freedoms here.
I agree Meg but it's difficult to communicate with people who cover their faces and refuse to remove the covering. If your hearing isn't good you cannot even try to lip read.

Only one lady comes to the school fully covered and all the other muslim ladies say she is taking it too far, if they can manage then why is she different ? oddly (or perhaps not) she is a recent convert and not brought up in the religion but watching her trying to make her little girl cover up (only 10) makes me think it's wrong in this country as she just wants to be like her friends and this is a barrier to that.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 07:30 PM

Had a few rows in petrol stations while on my motor bike , as I been told to take my crash helmet off , few months ago I was at the pumps in park road , they wouldn't serve me until I toke my crash helmet off , I pointed out a muslim person with a burqa on being serv , the petrol attendant said its a security reasons why they ask motorcyclist to take their crash helmet off , as they can full up with out paying , and cctv haven't a picture of their face , for prosicutions later , I pointed out its the excately the same for someone wearing a burqa , he wouldn't have it ,
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree Meg but it's difficult to communicate with people who cover their faces and refuse to remove the covering. If your hearing isn't good you cannot even try to lip read.

Only one lady comes to the school fully covered and all the other muslim ladies say she is taking it too far, if they can manage then why is she different ? oddly (or perhaps not) she is a recent convert and not brought up in the religion but watching her trying to make her little girl cover up (only 10) makes me think it's wrong in this country as she just wants to be like her friends and this is a barrier to that.

It has nothing to do with religeon , ask any geniune imams about woman cover themselfs up , the quran States that woman should cover their hair only if it's dirty
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 07:47 PM

if they want to reside in this country they should try to dress the weston way-no faces should be covered these days because of what is happening around us 'and religion has nothing to do with the dress ..its a choice 'we abide when we go to the middle east - so no face coverings' it should be made law here ...
Markey1
London

23-05-2015, 07:54 PM

In some shopping centres youngsters were banned for wearing hoodies , it's now common practice for criminals to dress up in Burgas when doing hold ups ect, local lads dress up inburgas doing over Selfridges watch department has recently been charge, but nearly every day you hear of such cases in london
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 10:51 PM

I am all for the freedom of religion.. As long as it is not in conflict with the laws of the land and does no harm to others..

However I do object when there are exceptions made for believers.

In some US towns nearly half the population are preachers. Why? Because they pay less tax or in some cases no tax at all..

In the Uk since 1976 its been allowed for Sikhs to ride motorcycles without crach helmets even though everyone else must. Since 1989 they have been exempt from wearing hard hats on building sites.

If they have an accident they have to accept its their own problem but why should this be allowed ?
There are other modes of transport and there are other jobs.. If motorcycle helmets and hard hats interfere with your religious clothing of choice maybe its time to seek out other transport or employment and not expect the law to change for you?

In our secular world is there really still room to demand that religion be exempt to the laws that govern us?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 11:43 PM

I am all for the freedom of religion.. As long as it is not in conflict with the laws of the land and does no harm to others..
Religion plays no part in it for me, if I choose to wander around wrapped in a sheet with a tea cosy on my head I will I would not be harming anyone and it is no one else's business what I choose to wear . The same applies for me with the Burqa, the fact that it is being worn for religious reasons is irrelevant

It is precisely because I do not believe in any religion that I take this view, there is too much dictating to people what the can and can't wear.
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
When in Rome , etc . This is Britain . If we travel abroad there are country's where women must cover legs shoulders , so we respect the law and do so or else we are arrested . Fine , if women want to cover their faces at home or wherever they live , but walking the streets they should have open faces , burkhas should not be worn in the UK
is there a law that says women have to have their face uncovered in the street in the UK? i don't think so.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by KnickerFarage ->
is there a law that says women have to have their face uncovered in the street in the UK? i don't think so.
No - but there should be

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top