Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 01:12 PM

Re: Rows

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I've heard people saying they give their partner the silent treatment for a long time after a row. I don't agree with that and think it's cruel. Surely it's best to make up? I couldn't abide carrying on like that. I'd find it unbearable.
My first husband ignored me for a whole week before we got talking again... it killed me...
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I love a good row but if it is with my husband you cannot stay mad at him for long because he has this hurt expression he uses which usually ends up making me laugh, and then I forget what we were rowing about.
That sounds brilliant, humour and seeing the funny side is a great way to deal with disagreements.

Bearing a grudge isn't so good, it does as much harm to the person who bears it.
Sometimes it can be hard to let go when real hurt or harm has been caused so probably understandable.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
My first husband ignored me for a whole week before we got talking again... it killed me...
It's actually mental abuse to do that to someone. Playground stuff. That must have been horrible Sue.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 05:55 PM

I can hold a grudge forever, but a difference of opinion with someone I like/respect is over in moments.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top