Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 01:58 PM

Euthanasia.

This topic is back in the news again. I think that it's only a matter of time before it becomes legal in the UK. What's your view on this difficult topic?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 02:02 PM

Re: Euthanasia.

I wouldn't put my dogs through what some of my family members have been forced to endure in fact I would be arrested for cruelty so that makes my mind up on the subject. One simple pill or injection. Over.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 02:13 PM

I agree with it
I doubt it will become legal - if it does, its a long way off
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I agree with it
I doubt it will become legal - if it does, its a long way off
I think that is so Patsy though it is such an emotive subject with pros and cons on both sides of the debate.

I just hope if ever I find myself in a position where continuing with my life becomes to difficult I will be able to do something about it myself without incriminating others
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 02:41 PM

I think if you have a terminal illness and its your own choice,then it should be allowed.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 03:07 PM

Absolutly agree.

Too many people have to suffer intolerable pain that we wouldnt allow an animal to suffer.

Doctors take the oath to do no harm but sometimes in extending the life of the body they harm the mind( soul) in the process..

Of course strict controls would be needed but I think in the long run it would help people accept that death is a natural part of life.
At the moment we are so convinced everyone can be saved that death has become a thing to fight..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Absolutly agree.

Too many people have to suffer intolerable pain that we wouldnt allow an animal to suffer.

Doctors take the oath to do no harm but sometimes in extending the life of the body they harm the mind( soul) in the process..

Of course strict controls would be needed but I think in the long run it would help people accept that death is a natural part of life.
At the moment we are so convinced everyone can be saved that death has become a thing to fight..

Well stated Cass ...................
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 04:05 PM

I agree with everyone who has already posted – and I find that fact a very good thing.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 04:22 PM

I agree too and think it’s only a matter of time before it comes about. I would imagine there are so many legal angles to it that they have to get it right, not to mention the moral and religious arguments. As it’s mostly elderly folks involved in this opportunities could arise for the criminally minded or impatient relatives to ‘help them along their way’, claiming later that the victim was in great pain or something along those lines, I have no doubts that it will be abused like everything else when humans are involved, I don’t often side with the powers that be but in this case I’d be prepared to wait until they examined every angle of it fully.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
This topic is back in the news again. I think that it's only a matter of time before it becomes legal in the UK. What's your view on this difficult topic?
The thing that bothers me is who makes the final decision?

If I became so ill that my life was a torture I'd probably long to die and end all my suffering but what if my family were against it?

Would I be judged as incapable of making a decision to end my life and my wish be overruled?

It's really not straight-forward and I honestly cannot see this being adopted in this country during my lifetime or even my children's lifetime. stevmk2

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top