Join for free
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Jeremy Corbyn has done it!!

He's done it!
He's won!
With a HUGE majority, well done Jeremy Corbyn
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:04 PM

Re: Jeremy Corbyn has done it!!

Yes well Done Jeremy..I'm not a Labour supporter,but JC does remind Me of Scotlands own late Donald Dewar,a good decent honest Man who didn't quite fit the mould of a Politician either..good luck to Him.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:28 PM

Yes, well done Jeremy, interesting times ahead methinks....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:29 PM

JC won by a mile in the end in the first ballot so all the predictions were true.

Congratulations to him from a none Labour voter and also to Tom Watson the deputy Leader who if I am not mistaken helped to oust the odious Blair which puts him up a notch about many others in the Labour party in my estimation. The election of the two of them sweeps away the remnants of Blair thank goodness.

I thought Watson was a bit rude making a victory speech which was twice as long as it was supposed to be delaying the leadership announcement and keeping people waiting.

I think it is good for democracy to have a wide spectrum of views something we have lacked in this country for many years with the Liberals being gobbled up by the Conservatives and Labour full of navel gazing intellectuals in smart suits ignoring the populous and relying on spin doctors.

At least politics may be a bit more interesting from now on
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:32 PM

Well done to him from me as well! I voted for him and I am a longstanding Labour Party Member though no longer active in the Party for over a decade for health reasons.

I felt that if we were going to lose the next election anyway and have to suffer continuing Right Wing policies trying to run Britain like America the we should have an opposition that stood up for an alternative view of society. I do not want a UK where everything is subservient to the City of London and a small obscenely wealthy elite around it. I do not want a Britain where it's excellent Public Services are vandalised and privatised and where those less able to compete are left unsupported.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:35 PM

Thank goodness !! At least now we can breathe a sigh of relief that Labour will have zero chance, at least for the next decade at least, of ever having the opportunity to again be elected to run this country with the equally inept Lib Dems and the SNP as their sidekicks, and without doubt,and ever true to form, use it's experience as the most incompetent, inept, useless party that brought the UK to it's knees and almost bankrupted us. Well done Jeremy, keep up the good work with your seventies mentality. After being in the party for 32 years and voting against them every time, your cabinet colleagues must be silently weeping whilst publicly welcoming you as their new leader.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:48 PM

Are you a Tory by any chance?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:50 PM

What does it mean - he has won the first round - will there be another ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 01:00 PM

Does that mean, if they get in power at the next election, that we go back to the 1970s with the unions out on strike evey other week ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 01:02 PM

Hopefully.

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top