Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 09:38 AM

Re: 'Call Me Dave'

My own reaction is to consider the role of Lord Ashcroft. He gave millions to the Conservative Party and expected a top job in government – Foreign Secretary apparently. So now Cameron has to be destroyed. Charming behaviour or evidence of the Tories being the Nasty Party?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
My own reaction is to consider the role of Lord Ashcroft. He gave millions to the Conservative Party and expected a top job in government – Foreign Secretary apparently. So now Cameron has to be destroyed. Charming behaviour or evidence of the Tories being the Nasty Party?
In Ashcroft's case it makes him look vindictive and disloyal to me. I would say the same of anyone who behaves this way whatever their political affiliation .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
In Ashcroft's case it makes him look vindictive and disloyal to me. I would say the same of anyone who behaves this way whatever their political affiliation .
As I have said on another forum, I can understand the sour grapes by Ashcroft, but I don't understand the Daily Mail a Tory newspaper publishing it.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rather like women who marry men for their money and then claim large settlements for their troubles.

Then I expect Ashcroft made his billion from being ruthless and taking no prisoners , so that will be his nature .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:27 AM

I did not really know much about Ashcroft, so have had a little read, only on Wiki, but he seems to me to be a wheeler dealer cum asset stripper in the best Tory tradition and a tax dodger to boot! Nice man, wonder which lodge he is in?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I did not really know much about Ashcroft, so have had a little read, only on Wiki, but he seems to me to be a wheeler dealer cum asset stripper in the best Tory tradition and a tax dodger to boot! Nice man, wonder which lodge he is in?
The same lodge in which the Duke of Kent presides.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top