Join for free
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 06:20 PM

"They'll be dead before they vote again"

I am utterly disgusted in what has been said by the Taxpayers' Alliance at a fringe meeting at the Conservative Party conference in Manchester. What sort of unfeeling, wicked, selfish people are there attached to the Conservative Party ? Is this what is going to happen to the pensioners who have worked all their lives and paid in to National Insurance and Income Tax of this country? Is this what retiring people have got to look forward to ? WHAT A CON !!!! It is pure wickedness to even think of suggesting cutting the already meager pensions and deserved benefits for our older generation !

As far as I am concerned, the Conservative Party are as good as finished, when they think like that ! What do you think about this report ?

Think-tank: 'cut pensioner benefits now - they'll be dead before they vote again' - AOL Money UK
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 06:31 PM

Re: "They'll be dead before they vote again"

Originally Posted by GillyT ->

I am utterly disgusted in what has been said by the Taxpayers' Alliance at a fringe meeting at the Conservative Party conference in Manchester. What sort of unfeeling, wicked, selfish people are there attached to the Conservative Party ? Is this what is going to happen to the pensioners who have worked all their lives and paid in to National Insurance and Income Tax of this country? Is this what retiring people have got to look forward to ? WHAT A CON !!!! It is pure wickedness to even think of suggesting cutting the already meager pensions and deserved benefits for our older generation !

As far as I am concerned, the Conservative Party are as good as finished, when they think like that ! What do you think about this report ?

Think-tank: 'cut pensioner benefits now - they'll be dead before they vote again' - AOL Money UK
That might well be true for some of us

I do think it is a nonsense giving the winter fuel allowance
to everyone, it needs addressing.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 06:51 PM

When Conservatives were in opposition I wrote to George Osborne to ask him to address the fact that two members of my family who had lived overseas and had come back to retire having more than one home each and very well off, were entitled to winter fuel and heating allowances, yet as a disabled person I wasn't. He replied that when they gained power he would address this unfair system. The only difference now is that I have to wait seven years longer for mine!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 06:53 PM

Strange thinking because there may well be many who die but there will be others who take their place - reaching pension age!!! Yay !! Let's get our own back!
Seriously, I agree with Meg, the fuel allowance should be addressed, means tested maybe? Same with free bus passes and one or two other things.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When Conservatives were in opposition I wrote to George Osborne to ask him to address the fact that two members of my family who had lived overseas and had come back to retire having more than one home each and very well off, were entitled to winter fuel and heating allowances, yet as a disabled person I wasn't. He replied that when they gained power he would address this unfair system. The only difference now is that I have to wait seven years longer for mine!
Well, he did address it but not in the way you imagined ! totally unfair system.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 07:59 PM

What a selfish disgusting thing for a person in public life to say.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 08:07 PM

I hope to stay alive to cast my vote to get rid of the Tory party for good.
Any party that can say, "they will make the poor work like the Chinese", and a Tory mp who thinks that £250,000 is an affordable house outside London, and £450,000 in London.
The way they have treated the disabled is disgusting, I could go on but you all have heard and read it in the media.
I'm 77 and can't wait to get to 81/82, because I will certainly make my vote really count.
JonV6
New Member!
Devon
JonV6 is male 

16-10-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I hope to stay alive to cast my vote to get rid of the Tory party for good.
I've lived under countless Tory and Labour governments and quite frankly all they did was meddle and lie. I intend to die before wasting my time voting.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 10:47 AM

Nasty thing to say but he is sort of right if they do something early in a parliament chances are many (not just pensioners) will forget who did it when they come to vote again.

IMO all benefits should be means tested not everyone needs all the universal benefits and they should be targeted at those who do need them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top