Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 11:04 PM

anyone for rugby?

You played great rugby scotties but these things happened and we just managed to pip you at the post

wallabies cheer leader!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 12:06 AM

Re: anyone for rugby?

Well done Bokke too!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 12:11 AM

If I were a referee, I'd be boarding the first available plane out of Scotland ....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 01:10 AM

Argentina will win the World Cup especially as I forgot to put my bet on them.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
You played great rugby scotties but these things happened and we just managed to pip you at the post

wallabies cheer leader!
Nah - the referee just managed to pip the Scots at the post by wrongly awardng a penalty (after somehow managing to avoid seeing the most blatant late tackle on Stuart Hogg which should have seen the Aussie player in the bin and Scotland given a penalty). Even in Rugby, with all the technological aids, a bad ref can ruin a game completely. Australia were very weak and unless they improve rapidly, I can see a New Zealand v Argentina final.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 11:12 AM

I have always been a keen rugby supporter and love the 6 nations and world cup tournaments, but I do think that if they are going to use the TMO it should be used for any dispute, with the ref, as well as other reasons. Refs have made a few mistakes which have been corrected by the video replay and if this had been done, when Scotland believed the ref had made a wrong decision, it is likely that they would still be playing for the cup. We should either have no video replays and everybody accept that the refs decision is final, or use the video to decide all uncertain decisions. After all those decisions can be what put the teams into the final.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 11:29 AM

a "Scottie" is something that barks or you wipe your nose with it..............I wonder what would have been said in the great southern gaol had the shoe been on the other foot.........nah.............it was destined that we were to lose, with a ref that half this lot of oldies could possibly have done a better job........what was a great rugby match, will go down in history not for the jailbirds winning, but for the referee robbing Scotland, of a well deserved victory............"these things happen", is something I would expect a football fan to say...........and as for the Aussie manager.......what a disingenuous tosser his remarks were...........rant over........
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 11:36 AM

After seeing such a blatant injustice being committed by referee Craig Joubert I tend to agree with Twink, the TMO should be used for all uncertain decisions.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 12:01 PM

I started supporting the Scots when I heard on the radio they were using the film @The mighty ducks' as inspiration, love that film. Maybe time to face the fact we call ourselves the united Kingdom maybe thats the team we need to enter?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->

wallabies cheer leader!
I’m not a sports fan and I didn’t watch any of the matches, but I hear there is discontent in the Scottish camp, something to do with the Ref’s giving a last minute penalty to Australia. As I said I know little about the game, that’s sports for you, always a case of sour grapes for one side and sweet apples for the other.
We got no excuses, we were well and truly hammered, there’s a stunned silence from the sports fans in the family, I like that, far better than the usual post mortems that go on for days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top