Join for free
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:19 PM

Shaker Aamer

This country is completely insane .
Why we are talking this man - a Saudi national -that could have gone back to hos country seven years ago I do not know .
Do we learn nothing form the likes of Mozzam Begg?
These men were not in Gunatanamo for nothing .
Truly whom the Gods would destroy they first make mad .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-13-years.html
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:31 PM

Re: Shaker Aamer

I agree Muddy this country is mad. I hear he will be getting at least a million pound in compensation why he's a Saudi make them give him the compensation? He has a wife and family here send the lot back to Saudi. There is no smoke without fire he was captured by Afghan forces and handed over to the Americans. Do not be fooled he was up to something.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:12 PM

Well if both of you can find evidence of his complicity in terrorist activities, something neither the CIA or MI6 could discover then it is your duty to disclose it. If, on the other hand you have no information to give, this man is a truly innocent man detained without trial, without access to proper legal representation for 14 years and is therefore entitled to compensation either from the American Government or the UK Government for their duplicitousness in participating in his illegal detention.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:15 PM

Hmm ... it looks like he'll be up for a million quid compensation from the British taxpayer.
Not to mention the cost of the security measures that'll be needed to keep an eye on him.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-prisoner.html
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well if both of you can find evidence of his complicity in terrorist activities, something neither the CIA or MI6 could discover then it is your duty to disclose it. If, on the other hand you have no information to give, this man is a truly innocent man detained without trial, without access to proper legal representation for 14 years and is therefore entitled to compensation either from the American Government or the UK Government for their duplicitousness in participating in his illegal detention.
Whilst I agree, to a point, that no one would should be held that long without trial I have no problem in also saying
...I don't care if he's innocent.
He's a Saudi, only a British resident and not British ... so turf him and his family off to Saudi where they belong.

Innocent until proven guilty? Not where terrorist activities are suspected. We've enough problem with our British maggots in the apple to contend with.
I do wish they'd all run off and become jihadis or whatever they call themselves ... and never come back.
Hope I've not upset anyone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
He says he was doing 'charity' work in Afghanistan .
Although what he had to offer is anyone's guess.
The same sorry tale was spun by Mozzam Begg who also got a big compensation packet but it has now been found he was involved in terrorist activities after all and is on trial .
But the main thing is he stayed in Guantanamo for the last seven years becuase he refused to go back to his home country of Saudi Arabia .
He wanted to return to the UK and as it would seem that terrorist get what they want now he back curtesy of a private jet .
Meanwhile the British taxpayer has been raising his four children .
He will now sue for compensation
Well it beats working for a living .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-10-2015, 07:21 AM

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/201...wont-be-asked/
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 07:57 AM

I would say that sounds just about right.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 08:59 AM

He was doing charity work? give me a break!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Whilst I agree, to a point, that no one would should be held that long without trial I have no problem in also saying
...I don't care if he's innocent.
He's a Saudi, only a British resident and not British ... so turf him and his family off to Saudi where they belong.

Innocent until proven guilty? Not where terrorist activities are suspected. We've enough problem with our British maggots in the apple to contend with.
I do wish they'd all run off and become jihadis or whatever they call themselves ... and never come back.
Hope I've not upset anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzTy1vZeVno

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top