Join for free
Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 08:56 PM

Re: Shaker Aamer

I must admit to being confused, why is he coming here if he is not a British citizen?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 09:02 PM

You may well ask.
Just one of the unanswered questions re this man.
He gets flown back from Guantanamo on a private jet why?
Why did he really go to Afghanistan ?
What is the name of so called Charity that he worked for ?
Why is our government allowing him to return to this country?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 04:14 PM

Maybe he is James Bond?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:02 PM

I usually try not to be emotional about these subjects but if this statement is correct:-

This man Shaker Aamer is though unashamedly a muslim fundamentalist who wants a islamic caliphate across the world. The imposition of Sharia law, the abolition of democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of choice, women's rights and gay rights to mention just a few. ....or do you really think he will become a useful member of society, find a job and contribute to this country.......Dream on!!

I would have no problem shooting him. Anyone with these beliefs should be killed because, if they are not, many of the rest of us will be.There may be many innocent people in the Middle East, and I feel sorry for them, but there are also many with these beliefs whose intention is to have an Islamic Caliphate and they will do anything to achieve that..
When will we have to press the Nuclear button? When the western world realize that they didn't do enough , soon enough, because it will then be their only option.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I must admit to being confused, why is he coming here if he is not a British citizen?
To add insult to injury Purwell, He has to come back here he can claim his ONE MILLION POUNDS compensation!

If it were up to me there would be a gattling gun waiting for him instead of all that cash!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I usually try not to be emotional about these subjects but if this statement is correct:-

This man Shaker Aamer is though unashamedly a muslim fundamentalist who wants a islamic caliphate across the world. The imposition of Sharia law, the abolition of democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of choice, women's rights and gay rights to mention just a few. ....or do you really think he will become a useful member of society, find a job and contribute to this country.......Dream on!!

I would have no problem shooting him. Anyone with these beliefs should be killed because, if they are not, many of the rest of us will be.There may be many innocent people in the Middle East, and I feel sorry for them, but there are also many with these beliefs whose intention is to have an Islamic Caliphate and they will do anything to achieve that..
When will we have to press the Nuclear button? When the western world realize that they didn't do enough , soon enough, because it will then be their only option.
IF is the biggest word in that post, until anyone can prove it all I refuse to believe it because the USA had him long enough to prove his guilt and with all their CIA, FBI, Military intelligence etc they couldn't find enough to take him legitimately to court, they weren't even able to torture it out of him, or to make it up. Could it be they actually had an innocent man there ? I am willing to give benefit of doubt and let the poor man free.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
To add insult to injury Purwell, He has to come back here he can claim his ONE MILLION POUNDS compensation!

If it were up to me there would be a gattling gun waiting for him instead of all that cash!
If we knew about the torture then he would be entitled to the money and more IMO, we don't live in a country that tortures people I hope, certainly I don't remember voting for that one ever.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
IF is the biggest word in that post, until anyone can prove it all I refuse to believe it because the USA had him long enough to prove his guilt and with all their CIA, FBI, Military intelligence etc they couldn't find enough to take him legitimately to court, they weren't even able to torture it out of him, or to make it up. Could it be they actually had an innocent man there ? I am willing to give benefit of doubt and let the poor man free.
I agree Julie, that is why I used the word if,, but there are plenty more who do actually think like that and I feel exactly the same about them. If the government are prepared to pay this compensation then they may consider they were at fault, but the members on here were not responsible for detaining him so I can understand why they object to having the taxes they pay being used for this compensation,
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

01-11-2015, 06:52 PM

I object to my taxes paying for a banquet etc. for the Chinese President, wonder how much that cost?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

01-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I object to my taxes paying for a banquet etc. for the Chinese President, wonder how much that cost?
No idea Purwell but i don't think it will be relevant to this thread. There is a good chance that we will get some financial return from the Chinese Presidents visit though!

Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top