Join for free
Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:01 AM

Re: What is the difference between faith and religion

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Seems to me that the word or term 'Faith' was coined by the religious. You tell them it's hard to believe what they believe and their answer will be 'you just have to have faith'.

Faith i believe comes by revelation, which can only be revealed by God, (Holy Spirit ),..to your human spirit,...and how on earth can you have faith without revelation, ....why they say you have to believe and have to have faith,...impossible IMO,...you have to have an encounter, revelation to have faith,....just my opinion.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
....just my opinion.
Nothing wrong with that. That's what forums are all about....opinions.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Sadly many i believe interpret their own God to suit their own needs,...and yes you could say the same about me,but my God is Love,but also a strict spiritual father,and i fall short many times,yet like any loving parent he picks me up,and i start all over again.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:10 AM

Faith is belief without proof or evidence

Religion is the organised collection of faith or belief
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:19 AM

Sadly many i believe interpret their own God to suit their own needs,...and yes you could say the same about me,but my God is Love,but also a strict spiritual father,and i fall short many times,yet like any loving parent he picks me up,and i start all over again.
Your god is not really a god, just an imaginary friend to make you feel better when you're down.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well he must be having a personality crisis at the moment then because each religion seems to be claiming him as their own and fighting over him.
Fully agree Meg and he isnīt doing much about supporting any one of these religions is he/she? He/she appears to be quite happy about babies, children and other innocents being raped, murdered, etc etc. Definitely not the kind of "supreme being" I would ever wish to rely on. I believe faith, or lack of it, is something you acquire on your journey through life, through varying experiences. It is different for everyone.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:21 AM

Plainly obvious it isn't 'faith' you need but something more appropriate but I'm far too polite to suggest what it is.

You stick to your guns if it makes you happy. You sound far more content than most of us on this forum. I should think many envy you.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

23-11-2015, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Fully agree Meg and he isnīt doing much about supporting any one of these religions is he/she? He/she appears to be quite happy about babies, children and other innocents being raped, murdered, etc etc. Definitely not the kind of "supreme being" I would ever wish to rely on. I believe faith, or lack of it, is something you acquire on your journey through life, through varying experiences. It is different for everyone.
Oh clumsy, don't forget.....He loves you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Oh clumsy, don't forget.....He loves you.

Mr Ploppy your sentence reminds me very much so something one of the African ladies who worked for us said one day during a discussion.

"I think God is only for the white people, he gives them everything but gives us nothing".

If youīve ever been in a very poor African township you would understand exactly what she meant, yet still she religiously went to church every Sunday believing she would be struck down with all kinds of ills if she didnīt. Therefore I would say that many peoples faith is in the people who "taught" them that they would suffer greatly if they didnīt attend church and pray to god to deliver them from evil.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

23-11-2015, 11:35 AM

In other words, if you're unable to help yourself don't expect any god to do it for you. If you get what you prayed for it comes from god, if you miss out, it is god's will.

Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top