Join for free
Page 2 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 06:15 PM

Re: Unbreakable Faith!

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
So what you are basically saying is anyone who has a strong religious faith is either a raving lunatic or comes from a grossly dysfunctional family where there is an authority issue, and needs an emotional crutch.
Most definitely .
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Most definitely .
Oh well, fair enough. Personally, I don't find this with people with a strong faith. What I DO find is that those who try and foist it upon others, have "issues". Those that have it and shut up about it - I have no beef with.
Same goes for atheists too!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 06:31 PM

Oh well, fair enough. Personally, I don't find this with people with a strong faith. What I DO find is that those who try and foist it upon others, have "issues". Those that have it and shut up about it - I have no beef with.
Same goes for atheists too!
I'm speaking out for the downtrodden masses (funnily enough I think we are in the majority but are too polite to make it known) - those that are fed up of the whole religion nonsense. It is time to stand up and be counted!

My mission is to dismantle religion to such an extent that no-one can argue the point. I have what it takes having a solid grounding in a multitude of subjects but a very involved one regarding psychology. I AM THE SAVIOUR OF THE ... oops ... got a bit carried away then - been reading too many of the types of books that should be avoided at all costs, you know, them religious ones .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 06:32 PM

Hi
Originally Posted by Indigo
So what you are basically saying is anyone who has a strong religious faith is either a raving lunatic or comes from a grossly dysfunctional family where there is an authority issue, and needs an emotional crutch.

MKJ Most definitely .

Well that means that means that the majority of people in the World are either raving lunatics or come from grossly dysfunctional family.

Doesn't say a lot for humanity does it.

Mind you, it says a lot for your job prospects if you work in Mental Health or Counselling.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2015, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Originally Posted by Indigo

MKJ Most definitely .

Well that means that means that the majority of people in the World are either raving lunatics or come from grossly dysfunctional family.

Doesn't say a lot for humanity does it.

Mind you, it says a lot for your job prospects if you work in Mental Health or Counselling.
Ah, but my theory of a predisposition towards authority figures can be expanded upon to include living, breathing heads of autocracies.

Many of the populace are basically sheep in other words - and I ain't the first to come up with that analogy.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:40 PM

So, MKJ let those us of who have faith keep the faith so to speak. Why does it bother you? As Paul McCartney sang 'Let it be'. We will turn the other cheek.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2015, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
So, MKJ let those us of who have faith keep the faith so to speak. Why does it bother you? As Paul McCartney sang 'Let it be'. We will turn the other cheek.
There is a distinct lack of information out there regarding religion. I'm merely helping provide a little so that people ask questions. I've said myself that it is very unlikely anyone would lose their faith from any sort of discussion but with the world as is it today youngsters need to be taught all the options and reasons at a young age, else they will be make ill informed choices.

This stuff is wasted on this forum but you never know I might well put it all together and add it to a website one day.

This particular initial post was a bit tongue in cheek mind - a windup really, though it does have a fair semblance of credibility about it - and I could well expand on it further.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:03 AM

As someone who has travelled a fair bit and lived in countries with populations that are quite dogmatic and, indeed, fanatic about their Faith, I have come to just one conclusion.

The only unshakable Faith that can withstand time, bigotry and persecution is the faith in single malt scotch whiskey to give warmth,
solace and a numbness to all the numbnut religious theories that abound.

Let those who need religion have it without criticism from those of us who don't. Here endeth the sermon.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
My mission is to dismantle religion to such an extent that no-one can argue the point. I have what it takes having a solid grounding in a multitude of subjects but a very involved one regarding psychology.
If you have solid grounding in psychology, then you would very well know that a desire that is bordering on the pathological - to be right always and to convince others that you are is one of the main traits in a narcissist.

Your desire to somehow demolish religious belief so that it will be shown to be stupid and ridiculous to all - seems to me the thing that you should be looking into - not the forlorn hope of making all believers see the truth that there is no God.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 10:07 AM

If you have solid grounding in psychology, then you would very well know that a desire that is bordering on the pathological - to be right always and to convince others that you are is one of the main traits in a narcissist.

Your desire to somehow demolish religious belief so that it will be shown to be stupid and ridiculous to all - seems to me the thing that you should be looking into - not the forlorn hope of making all believers see the truth that there is no God.
And there are such things as 'humour' and 'sarcasm' of which you seem to be lacking in and unable to see .

I've already mentioned the fact the initial post was 'tongue in cheek' and certain replies since more so.

I do have an odd sense of humour and the fact that you are responding in the way you are I find humourous. God knows why - oh wait, he probably does doesn't he .

Carry on - what next?

Page 2 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top