Join for free
Page 3 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Re: Unbreakable Faith!

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
So what you are basically saying is anyone who has a strong religious faith is either a raving lunatic or comes from a grossly dysfunctional family where there is an authority issue, and needs an emotional crutch.
I have come to the conclusion Mark doesn't like being controlled (he tells us often enough) but really wants to be in control, he dislikes some of us are happy with our Faith because it makes us uncontrollable by him.

I could be wrong of course he may just be trying to shove atheism down our throats in the way he so dislikes religious people doing with religion.

Reasonable atheist or religious person does not do that IMO
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
And there are such things as 'humour' and 'sarcasm' of which you seem to be lacking in and unable to see .

I've already mentioned the fact the initial post was 'tongue in cheek' and certain replies since more so.

I do have an odd sense of humour and the fact that you are responding in the way you are I find humourous. God knows why - oh wait, he probably does doesn't he .

Carry on - what next?
Oh well, pardon me I'm sure. But your initial post did appear in this section of the forum and not the general chat one. Added to that there was no sign of humour in your OP. But I guess we are now getting the "Why are you getting your panties in a wad, I was only joking" riposte
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:41 AM

Oh well, pardon me I'm sure. But your initial post did appear in this section of the forum and not the general chat one. Added to that there was no sign of humour in your OP. But I guess we are now getting the "Why are you getting your panties in a wad, I was only joking" riposte
Joking in one sense but not in another. YOU have to figure out which.

Being controversial has it's uses .

Do I always mean what I say? That is the question.

Infuriating innit .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have come to the conclusion Mark doesn't like being controlled (he tells us often enough) but really wants to be in control, he dislikes some of us are happy with our Faith because it makes us uncontrollable by him.

I could be wrong of course he may just be trying to shove atheism down our throats in the way he so dislikes religious people doing with religion.

Reasonable atheist or religious person does not do that IMO
What good would 'control' do me over anyone on this forum? In fact how would that 'control' work exactly? No control. What I have always done is to give my very powerful slant on the reasoning behind my conclusions. This knowledge has been hard fought in ways you are not aware of. My knowledge is not based on information gleaned from a book or 2 but an inner search where failure to find the answers meant to be locked up in a loony bin. These answers have not come cheap by a long ways and neither have they been concluded by following the usual channels. This is why my arguments are so powerful and meaningful - I can plumb the depths of insanity if I have to to put my point across.

I am merely passing on my findings to help in a way but I also realise many have found solace from their troubles in religion - I have always said to break such faith is irresponsible; I, on the other hand, have found solace in my intellect and reasoning - no crutch for me.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:49 PM

Faith and Depression go hand in hand,those that are deeply religious also suffer from depression,Google- religion /depression.The 2 have been studied,and there is no doubt,most deeply religious suffer from depression.FACT
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
Faith and Depression go hand in hand,those that are deeply religious also suffer from depression,Google- religion /depression.The 2 have been studied,and there is no doubt,most deeply religious suffer from depression.FACT
Oh really. Quote just ONE single reputable study that shows the connection. There are none.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
What good would 'control' do me over anyone on this forum? In fact how would that 'control' work exactly? No control. What I have always done is to give my very powerful slant on the reasoning behind my conclusions. This knowledge has been hard fought in ways you are not aware of. My knowledge is not based on information gleaned from a book or 2 but an inner search where failure to find the answers meant to be locked up in a loony bin. These answers have not come cheap by a long ways and neither have they been concluded by following the usual channels. This is why my arguments are so powerful and meaningful - I can plumb the depths of insanity if I have to to put my point across.

I am merely passing on my findings to help in a way but I also realise many have found solace from their troubles in religion - I have always said to break such faith is irresponsible; I, on the other hand, have found solace in my intellect and reasoning - no crutch for me.
Ah perhaps you have forgotten when you have told me I am trying to control you, that was what I was referring to it usually came with a lot of ranting and nastiness, I never quite understood how or why you thought I wanted to control you or anyone else - have enough trouble controlling myself at times without taking on others.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-11-2015, 02:02 PM

Oh really. Quote just ONE single reputable study that shows the connection. There are none.
Does sound a bit barmy, I have never heard of studies either and looking at the numbers of people suffering depression it would be odd if they were all only religious people, I think depression strikes all equally.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ah perhaps you have forgotten when you have told me I am trying to control you, that was what I was referring to it usually came with a lot of ranting and nastiness, I never quite understood how or why you thought I wanted to control you or anyone else - have enough trouble controlling myself at times without taking on others.
How can I 'control' you - you mean by changing your point of view? I suppose that is a form of control for sure - if trying to make someone see sense is that is. As for 'nastiness' I don't think you will see such from me from now on - as long as I remain sober that is. I think you will find yourself even more pressurised with seasoned, heavy-weight counter arguments from a sober mind. I have a feeling you will come to realise me ranting is the softer and more comfortable option .
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:18 PM

As I posted Google it,There are several studies,all tie Depression and Religion,Use those 3 words,I am not as computer literate as others.So for me to close this and pull up the proof you ask for is puzzling.1 thing at a time,But it is true and Factual.There are many types of Depression,but still all fall under the same diagnosis,Depression.

Page 3 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top