Join for free
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 05:37 PM

Is Chivalry Dead?

I cant help but notice the lack of chivalry in some remarks from male posters.
Is this just a sign of the times or are men getting less chivalrous?
I am fortunate in being married to a courteous gentlemanly man .
My sons too are mannerly towards women .

Otherwise i would think that chivalry is dead.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 05:50 PM

Re: Is Chivalry Dead?

Women want equality.

There can be no place for "special treatment" in an equal world. How often does a women open a door for a man?
Not often.

They need to decide if they do want to be treated equally or if they do rather enjoy having "special" status that affords them benefits like chivalrous acts and so on.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:00 PM

Muddy complaining about 'unchivalrous' comments by other posters is funnier than your average circus.

I have cut-and-pasted long lists of really scandalous, derogatory, untruthful and unprovoked stuff she has posted about me - and there has been even more about others.

Missed your calling, Mud.
You'd be a 'natural' for stand-up comedy.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I cant help but notice the lack of chivalry in some remarks from male posters.
Is this just a sign of the times or are men getting less chivalrous?
I am fortunate in being married to a courteous gentlemanly man .
My sons too are mannerly towards women .

Otherwise i would think that chivalry is dead.
Women wanted equality, so I give them the same as they give me to be polite, while giving them what they want.

More specifically I respond to females on forums in a reciprocal manner to their manners.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Women want equality.

There can be no place for "special treatment" in an equal world. How often does a women open a door for a man?
Not often.

They need to decide if they do want to be treated equally or if they do rather enjoy having "special" status that affords them benefits like chivalrous acts and so on.
I open doors for both men and women. Politeness, empathy (whatever) costs nothing and is usually rewarded by gratitude ... a smile, thanks, a look of relief ... that makes me feel good

What you put out WILL usually come back, but not necessarily in the same form ! lol
We reap what we sow. Do unto others etc !

I so enjoy trying to make people feel better ... even if there's no thanks at the time.
A kindness to a stranger, who may have been having a rubbish day, can help their attitude and thus benefit the people around them.

An acquaintance once said about women 'treat em mean to keep em keen' and I had to point out that if you're mean to somebody, then they will feel bad and behave accordingly and their bad mood will spread, like ripples in a pond.

These negative attitudes are toxic.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Muddy complaining about 'unchivalrous' comments by other posters is funnier than your average circus.

I have cut-and-pasted long lists of really scandalous, derogatory, untruthful and unprovoked stuff she has posted about me - and there has been even more about others.

Missed your calling, Mud.
You'd be a 'natural' for stand-up comedy.
Spot on. Some record.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:08 PM

I think its all about the culture. In Spain for instance, men are all about opening the door, bowing and even kissing the hand of a woman. Where here in America its the complete opposite.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:08 PM

Men open the door for me in shops and I remark.. 'You are part of a dying breed'!!
Any boyfriend I have, opens the door/car door for me and sometimes stand when I return to the table when we're in a restaurant!
dukeofearl
south coast uk

26-12-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I think its all about the culture. In Spain for instance, men are all about opening the door, bowing and even kissing the hand of a woman. Where here in America its the complete opposite.
That is Latin romance, nice . American women for me are loud, clinical, devoid of sex appeal and full of financial status. So the latter get back that which they give out.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I open doors for both men and women. Politeness, empathy (whatever) costs nothing and is usually rewarded by gratitude ... a smile, thanks, a look of relief ... that makes me feel good

What you put out WILL usually come back, but not necessarily in the same form ! lol
We reap what we sow. Do unto others etc
!

I so enjoy trying to make people feel better ... even if there's no thanks at the time.
A kindness to a stranger, who may have been having a rubbish day, can help their attitude and thus benefit the people around them.

An acquaintance once said about women 'treat em mean to keep em keen' and I had to point out that if you're mean to somebody, then they will feel bad and behave accordingly and their bad mood will spread, like ripples in a pond.

These negative attitudes are toxic.
Very true , but sometimes we cant be all sweetness and light towards others if we feel they have overstepped the mark ..but I know what you mean and do try to be kind to others in the most part!

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top