Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 02:25 AM

Re: Over 50's Club OZ

parliament has closed for the xmas recess and thank god for that. they can be very entertaining at times but not always!

they passed the ABCC bill controlling building unions much to the disgust of labor; backpackers bill reducing tax extraction to 15% instead of 30 like the rest of us so the farmers will be pleased - [they work in the fields picking fruit which sometimes means strawberries on the ground or fruit in the trees or heavy watermelons] - our PM was bleating about young rich backpackers from europe coming and screwing the system - he's been screwing the system for years! etc etc.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Good thinking Gumbud and I wish you and your fellow Australians many great chats and news sharing hours here, well done.
Hopefully some day there may be enough of my country folk here to start up an Irish thread, but I think that’s a very tall order.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good thinking Gumbud and I wish you and your fellow Australians many great chats and news sharing hours here, well done.
Hopefully some day there may be enough of my country folk here to start up an Irish thread, but I think that’s a very tall order.
don't you have many tall people in Ireland then Jem?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-12-2016, 12:16 PM

australia is heating up rapidly for Xmas as the beaches become more crowded and the white skins more red. the only people who can really handle the climate are Indigenous people the rest of us have to survive between aircon 'shells'

we are really not suited to this climate but strangely think it's glorious and want to become brown skinned!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
don't you have many tall people in Ireland then Jem?
No and begorrah, and top of the morning to you, didn’t you know we are all leprechauns over here.
bridget
melbourne, australia
bridget is female 

02-12-2016, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
australia is heating up rapidly for Xmas as the beaches become more crowded and the white skins more red. the only people who can really handle the climate are Indigenous people the rest of us have to survive between aircon 'shells'

we are really not suited to this climate but strangely think it's glorious and want to become brown skinned!
Could you remind the weather people to switch on Summer in Melbourne..had to turn the central heating on a couple of days ago
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-12-2016, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by bridget ->
Could you remind the weather people to switch on Summer in Melbourne..had to turn the central heating on a couple of days ago
s

well I wouldn't mind swopping at the moment bridget - but strangely enough although I usually light a mozzi coil in the morn for my coffee time outside there were no mozzies around today - and remember someone somewhere will be skiing in OZ today. and a quick whip around OZ sees temps fluctuating all over -

melbourne 23 what are you complaining aboout?
darwin - top end 34 nice
alice springs - a town called alice 38 too hot
hobart in tassie 19 even colder than you bridget !

great variations - when I lived a Ballarat for a year I stood looking out one cold morn and suddenly it was snowing and took me back to my youth - it snowed for 30 mins and vanished in 30 mins too!

saturday here in OZ we are always ahead of UK in time and many other things! lottery time today for a big million dollar win - but otherwise the same as all other days - the family sometimes drops in for a cuppa
bridget
melbourne, australia
bridget is female 

03-12-2016, 07:36 AM

23 is pleasant but I'm wanting a 3-4, 30+ stretch...cat pee'd on my couch..i need to take it outside and soak the whole thing with an enzyme detergent

Mozzies here are weird this year..we've had clouds of them..but they don't bite or whine

Just made a sour cream and lemon cake..kids had used all the castor sugar so i had to substitute golden syrup...It looks OK

Heat waves in the city are not fun.
I think last year or the year before we had a 10 day 33-42 stretch..Our wonderful emergency services bod suggested elderly, back packers and homeless go to the local library or shopping centre.
Our place looked like a WW2 bomb shelter..library staff wandering around with water jugs, oldies tucked up in armchairs. lovely thing was the co operation..young ones giving up comfy seats to oldies, mums alerting staff to some of the old homeless men that looked a bit wobbly.
No one lost their tempers..Gives one faith in humanity it does
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-12-2016, 11:30 AM

well let's think about the poor unfortunates in south queensland getting slaughtered with storms at the moment!

there is plenty of clouds coming over here but NO rain - damn it - back to watering the garden again. we're in low 30's at the mo with rain promised?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

04-12-2016, 01:59 AM

sunday morn again - and now peace and quite I hope for a week - wife off at 6am for a weeks work in Melbourne and Perth and me to take care of everything here. BIL turned up out of the blue or sunrise in fact and we had a good yarn about the women in the family and how they think they are so smart!

I could tidy the house I suppose - nah - brush and mop -nah relax all day -ya!

i have been giving watering duties for later!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top