Join for free
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 05:27 PM

David Davies tomorrow

People are saying that negotiations will go on for a long time. I think it is much simpler than that.
Davies should kick off by saying that we are leaving the single market full stop. By implication this also means leaving the Customs Union. We are willing to discuss a trade arrangement and for EU citizens currently here to stay, likewise our Nationals in EU Countries.
If you are not willing to negotiate along those lines, then goodbye - nothing else to say.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 06:09 PM

Re: David Davies tomorrow

As I understand it agenda is already set, it has been agreed by the other nations and Davis will have no choice was is discussed. Trading agreements are it seems way down the list.

First up for discussion, a reciprocal agreement for EU citizens next what we are going to pay into the EU budget as our contribution until 2020. Then and only then will trade be discussed.

Walking away from the table is not an option now, only a few of us have a stomach for that.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 06:36 PM

I for one do not just want to roll over and have my tummy tickled. Walk away and see how long it will be until they become more flexible. They need an agreement as much or more than we do.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 09:13 AM

The announcement of a trade agreement, twixt Japan & the EU, looks interesting.

Maybe it will make sense to do the sane, with the EU, once we're out (if ever!)
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 08:48 PM

Well, it seems David Davis is going into battle with Barnier at last. For months we have had him arrogantly tossing aside everything the UK has offered during the negotiations. So David is now going to let every EU country know exactly what has been said by Barnier and his negotiating team in order that they understand that it is they, and not us that are holding everything up until they get their blood money of 80billion.
Many of these countries are worried about continuing trade with the UK, We are happy to put this to rest but the EU are just not interested in talking about anything other than money money money.

I hope David has the balls now to put these arrogant Eurocrats in their place and let them know that he and his negotiating team will no longer be pushed around. The time for politeness has obviously passed and he must assert himself in dealing with such haughty intransigence from the EU in their dealings with the UK. Go for it David!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top