Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 08:13 PM

Re: Why Are Some Men Obsessed With Cars And Engines?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I had an MX5, the thing that struck me about it was, it was a low mileage good provenance model, but when you sprung the bonnet, the alloy the rocker cover was made from was badly pitted, also, every nut and bolt was corroded, this sort of stuff did not suggest quality.
Yep,

The mk1's and 2's were bad in that respect - both are rot boxes. They sorted it with the Mk3, which is why I went that route. They are way more refined than the earlier ones.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Re: Why Are Some Men Obsessed With Cars And Engines?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tipin, Is a RX-8 a bit like a Ford Cosworth?
A friend of mine, years ago, had a Cosworth but it was stolen from outside his workplace!
Cosworths were always being stolen in those days!
I had a Sapphire 4x4 Cossy.
Great car and remarkably reliable. They did upgrade the security due to thefts. Mine had a separate immobiliser module you had to plug in.

Mine was the same as this one, but a 1992 and had nicer wheels.

I have some pics somewhere, but will have to scan before uploading as they are real actual non digital pics!

http://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/...phire-cosworth

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top