Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:10 AM

Re: Best car features/options

starting at the back the auto tailgate lift/shut- 7 seats- electric sun roof- electric windows- electric heated front seats - rear view and overhead camera view- close obstruction warnings all around- keyless entry- self parking - electric closing/adjusting mirrors- adjustable steering wheel-power sockets everywhere- cooling box between front seats- and even a USB port and that is before getting to the dashboard information.
I have to say it is overloaded with gadgets I don't think I could even remember them all.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:11 AM

The electric drive in towns with my Prius.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
The electric drive in towns with my Prius.
So it was you that crept up on me and nearly ran me over when I was in Cowes
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:31 AM

I love the fact that my new Kia Sportage syncs with my phone, so that if someone rings, I just flick a button on the steering wheel and talk. On long journeys it also plays my audiobooks through the car stereo. Love it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:43 AM

I have to have an automatic I learned in a geared but never drove one since.

Rear wiper this is first car I've had a working one and it's brilliant !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I wouldn't want to be without my auto gearbox and my handbrake is now just a switch on the dashboard, so no more yanking up the lever and hoping it holds, superb....
Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Good morning Barry, you lazy person
Too true Terry, looking for ease these days although I have driven autos for many years, I could never work out why anyone would want to change gear manually particularly in town traffic, a complete waste of time and energy.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 09:27 AM

I couldn't imagine my latest car being automatic. ...but I've had a few automatics or autosport box.

The gearbox in the X6 was fantastic being the M Sport.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:13 AM

For me it would have to be the built in SatNav. It's a bit old hat now that they have advanced so much but I like the fact that I don't have to bother taking it out at night. In fact, the satnav was the main reason I bought that particular model.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:26 AM

Driven both auto and manual gear boxes, the auto makes driving easier but the manual I feel gives more control over the car.
With auto I find those that have them tend to use the brakes more, so must get through brake shoes quicker
Just try slowing down through the gears on an auto box then on a manual gearbox, that is when the difference really shows up
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Driven both auto and manual gear boxes, the auto makes driving easier but the manual I feel gives more control over the car.
With auto I find those that have them tend to use the brakes more, so must get through brake shoes quicker
Just try slowing down through the gears on an auto box then on a manual gearbox, that is when the difference really shows up
Don't quite understand that, how do you have more control?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top