Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Re: Aldı car park fine

Just to add my bit.

Yesterday I was watching a recent Can't Pay We'll Take It Away, and one bloke had ignored this type of fine (not sure how many he'd got). He had been told by other people that the PCN was NOT enforceable, though his wife had encouraged him to pay.

When the bailiffs turned up with a demand for over £2,000 he had trouble raising it. The bailiff spoke to the camera saying, though the parking company can't demand the money from you, WE can if it goes to the High Court.

The driver sat on the sofa, head in hands, and said to his wife 'I should have listened to you and paid it, when you told me to. I shouldn't have listened to everyone else.'

He had to somehow get that money and pay it off, which he managed to.

So, really, TBH, the parking companies CAN and DO try to get the money from you, if they've issued PCNs. It's best not to find out if they go ahead with threats.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Just received a parking fine from Parking Eye for leaving my car in the local Aldı car park for over 20 hours from 6th to 7th October. Whilst I certainly parked my car there on these two dates there is no way I left my car for more than three quarters of an hour on both occasions. Certainly not overnight but it is going to be difficult to prove. I have complained to the local Aldı manager who is going to take it up with the area manager. Anybody else had problems with parking fines?
After complaints to Aldi I have received an e-mail from Parking Eye saying that the parking charge had been cancelled.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 07:14 PM

After complaints to Aldi I have received an e-mail from Parking Eye saying that the parking charge had been cancelled.
That's good news.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Just to add my bit.

Yesterday I was watching a recent Can't Pay We'll Take It Away, and one bloke had ignored this type of fine (not sure how many he'd got). He had been told by other people that the PCN was NOT enforceable, though his wife had encouraged him to pay.

When the bailiffs turned up with a demand for over £2,000 he had trouble raising it. The bailiff spoke to the camera saying, though the parking company can't demand the money from you, WE can if it goes to the High Court.

The driver sat on the sofa, head in hands, and said to his wife 'I should have listened to you and paid it, when you told me to. I shouldn't have listened to everyone else.'

He had to somehow get that money and pay it off, which he managed to.

So, really, TBH, the parking companies CAN and DO try to get the money from you, if they've issued PCNs. It's best not to find out if they go ahead with threats.
It is not a fine. Only courts can issue fines not parking companies, and only Councils or the Police can issue penalties.

This only happens if everything has been ignored, which is why anyone who gets an unfair parking charge should appeal it after doing some research.

One ticket will run at about £150-£175 max in the Small Claims Court, so there must have been lots of PCNs issued and subsequently ignored, the court judgement not paid, and the parking company sought a high court order for payment.

Don't listen to friends or family, or newspaper articles, or the bloke down the pub, or CAB.

Get proper advice from someone who knows what they are talking about and has up to date information. It is available on several websites, one of which is set up as an expert in saving money, plus motoring charities that are set up as an association to protect the British motorists.

Bailiffs can only visit if ordered by a court, which means someone has done an awful lot of ignoring of the original charge, the appeals process, the second stage appeals process, letters before claim, letters of claim, not supplied a decent defence, not turned up at court to defend, ignored the court's decision, and not paid the costs as defined by the court.

Well done. Now shop elsewhere and send the CEO and Manager of the Aldi store your receipts from other shops to show them how much they are losing by employing a parking company to penalise genuine customers.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top