Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 12:01 AM

Re: Blood group?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am O RhD negative which is quite rare. I used to carry a green card around with me but it disappeared years ago!

I should have given blood as my blood can be given to anyone but I now have Pernicious Anaemia and it can’t be used.
I'm the same as you Art, but I still have my green card. It was last renewed before we left the UK. The card states on the back.....

"Your blood is of a special group not often met with, is some circumstances this may be important and if you are ever admitted to hospital you should show it to the doctor". There is a bit more than that, but I do keep the card safe. I laminated it as the previous one got extremely tattered.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I'm the same as you Art, but I still have my green card. It was last renewed before we left the UK. The card states on the back.....

"Your blood is of a special group not often met with, is some circumstances this may be important and if you are ever admitted to hospital you should show it to the doctor". There is a bit more than that, but I do keep the card safe. I laminated it as the previous one got extremely tattered.
Clumsy, Thanks for that! l am now wondering why my green card was never re-issued?
Who renewed your card? Maybe, l should make inquiries?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:47 AM

B-Positive.

Yes, I give blood.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Clumsy, Thanks for that! l am now wondering why my green card was never re-issued?
Who renewed your card? Maybe, l should make inquiries?
I have no idea how things work these days Art, but mine was renewed by The National Blood Transfusion Service in Sheffield. The original card was issued from there, so I applied for replacement one from there too.

I had to send a stamped and addressed envelope with the request for renewal. Minimum size envelope 14 x 9 cms /5 1/4 x 3 1/2 inches. (as stated on the back of the card).

I don't think the card is so important these days with all the technology. My first card arrived automatically after a blood test I had at our then doctor's. The card was obviously sent to the doctor, who then gave it to me. Strangely enough, over the years, people have asked how I obtained the card as they have never been given one and don't even know what their blood group is. I have no answers for that, all I know is I was given one and told to keep it safe.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I have no idea how things work these days Art, but mine was renewed by The National Blood Transfusion Service in Sheffield. The original card was issued from there, so I applied for replacement one from there too.

I had to send a stamped and addressed envelope with the request for renewal. Minimum size envelope 14 x 9 cms /5 1/4 x 3 1/2 inches. (as stated on the back of the card).

I don't think the card is so important these days with all the technology. My first card arrived automatically after a blood test I had at our then doctor's. The card was obviously sent to the doctor, who then gave it to me. Strangely enough, over the years, people have asked how I obtained the card as they have never been given one and don't even know what their blood group is. I have no answers for that, all I know is I was given one and told to keep it safe.
Clumsy, Thank You for the info!

I discovered my blood group, when l was having my first baby 46 years ago!
My doctor had me down for a home birth until he found out my blood group. That’s when the green card was issued!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

10-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Clumsy, Thank You for the info!

I discovered my blood group, when l was having my first baby 46 years ago!
My doctor had me down for a home birth until he found out my blood group. That’s when the green card was issued!
Again, the same Art. It caused quite some pantomime back then didn't it? No internal examinations until after so many months, as, according to our old school doctor, with this blood group it's easy to cause a miscarriage. It was all a bit scary at the time.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Leia, I didn't think you were allowed to give blood if you were Diabetic, I suppose it all depends on how bad you are. I'm type 1 and have really a large amount of Insulin three times a day plus tablets, have been like it for 30 years.
My apologies Susie, you're right, people who are insulin dependant can't give blood.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Thanks Leia.

I can't imagine me giving someone my blood with the bad Diabetes that I have, it wouldn't be fair giving them my blood, it would kill them off.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:45 PM

I don't know which group i am....... i think i'm probably, 'just common'.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top