Join for free
steve
New Member!
manchester, uk
steve is male 

13-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Holiday Home

Hi,

Just wondering if any brits have a holiday home abroad?

If so which country and how easy was the process and getting the mortgage (if you needed one) etc.

Thanks
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

13-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Re: Holiday Home

Originally Posted by steve ->
Hi,

Just wondering if any brits have a holiday home abroad?

If so which country and how easy was the process and getting the mortgage (if you needed one) etc.

Thanks

Hi Steve :0

Hubby and I have an Apartment in Mojacar ( Almeria , Spain ) for which we paid cash and a Villa in Morocco which we had built as we lived there for 2 yrs .
Hubby sorted the finances out as I dont think ( not sure ) Muslims do Mortgages .

We let out the Apartment and allow Family to reside in our Villa as they look after it for us

I doubt any of this helps you though , huh ?

steve
New Member!
manchester, uk
steve is male 

16-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Hey Topaz, you didn't use finance but thanks for posting anyway. I think the longer term plan would be to move out permanently seeing as our country is going down the pan.

If I sold my UK house then I wouldn't need finance but was going to rent it out and get a small mortgage on the overseas one.

I'll keep looking as it won't be for a bit yet, just doing some preliminary research.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-05-2011, 03:59 PM

Sorry I wasnt much help Steve ...... .Hubby told me he organised a loan in Morocco to cover the remainder of what we needed for the Villa .......... We already had a house there which we sold and then built this bigger one that we have now .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top