Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 12:57 AM

Lottery

Do you play the lottery?

If so which games do you play? And... could tell me the amount of numbers required and the range of what those numbers are please?

Eg

Name - game rules - country

Lotto - choose 6 numbers from 1 to 49 - UK

Thanks guys!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 04:14 AM

Re: Lottery

I used to play Lotto 649 (Canada) - choosing 6 numbers from 1 - 49. I actually won about $1600 once. Shortly after that my 20 yr old washing machine died. I replaced both the washer and dryer with nice, reliable new ones and had some mad money left to treat my kids too.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 07:14 AM

In a syndicate for the Euro Millions, no idea how it works though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 02:38 PM

Lotto - choose 6 numbers from 1 to 49 - UK

Thunderball
- choose 5 numbers from 1 - 39 and 1 Thunderball number from 1 to 14 - UK
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Thanks guys.

Guess what I'm making? A Mac app that chooses lottery numbers for you

I thought, well most Mac owners love their Macs, so why not let it choose their numbers for them? Especially for those who get 'lucky dips' where the lottery company chooses the numbers for you! I'd much rather my lovely Mac choose them for me

Anyone reckon it would go down well on the Mac app store?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks guys.

I thought, well most Mac owners love their Macs, so why not let it choose their numbers for them? Especially for those who get 'lucky dips' where the lottery company chooses the numbers for you! I'd much rather my lovely Mac choose them for me

Think this will only work if the draw machines have a massive bias and you know the bias.

Reminds me of all the systems used in roulette that never worked
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks guys.

I reckon people will buy pretty much anything these days, so yes, why not give it a go....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Who knows what work? I notice fortune cookies even have lucky numbers printed on the fortune.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

23-05-2011, 10:04 PM

Thanks guys!

It's only meant to be a bit of fun - it's not going to try and calculate a winning ticket based on probability (would need access to all previous lotteries for that)

Mac owners love their Macs, so it'll be interesting to see whether they love them enough to choose their numbers for them

It's good practise for me anyway as I'm making it in the new language I've been learning
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 10:17 PM

I think ours works the same as the UK. I don't play it myself but the Wife plays twice a week and she does a 'Quick Pick', meaning the machine picks the numbers for her, she never wins but she enjoys it.
That's a good idea Azz and I hope you have luck with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top