Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:36 AM

Re: I really don't understand.

A while back i did write about the neighbours next door , a young couple who arrived 2 yrs ago into this nice quiet cul-de-sac. Almost every month horrendous anti social parties , the last one easter sunday from 2pm till ( thank goodnesss ) midnight . Normally they go on till 6am . We have involved the enviromental health who have written to them but not much change. Can you believe they offered me cognitive behaviour therapy , yes me , you read that right , so i can cope with the dreadful foul language and noise. The police wont come out as no resources at weekends . My neighbour saw a bloke peeing up my garden fence at 3.30pm during the last bbq.

They are disgusting selfish inhuman beings who run riot around nice people . Its made me feel very unwell at times . Of course no point in trying to sell as i wouldnt sell house to anyone under these circumstances . Yes sadly they are buying theirs .

Unfortunately the law doesnt seem to help the decent folk and it feels wrong on all levels
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Of course you would!.

Stands to reason,why you think that way,I am standing up for what I believe in.

And you don't "like it"!!.
My dear, I really couldn't give two short stuffs, by I do believe that curtain twitching and dobbing in folk for trivia never ends well and not for the people being dobbed in, but for the curtain twitchers.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My dear, I really couldn't give two short stuffs, by I do believe that curtain twitching and dobbing in folk for trivia never ends well and not for the people being dobbed in, but for the curtain twitchers.

I choose to differ,especially after reading you're posts!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
A while back i did write about the neighbours next door , a young couple who arrived 2 yrs ago into this nice quiet cul-de-sac. Almost every month horrendous anti social parties , the last one easter sunday from 2pm till ( thank goodnesss ) midnight . Normally they go on till 6am . We have involved the enviromental health who have written to them but not much change. Can you believe they offered me cognitive behaviour therapy , yes me , you read that right , so i can cope with the dreadful foul language and noise. The police wont come out as no resources at weekends . My neighbour saw a bloke peeing up my garden fence at 3.30pm during the last bbq.

They are disgusting selfish inhuman beings who run riot around nice people . Its made me feel very unwell at times . Of course no point in trying to sell as i wouldnt sell house to anyone under these circumstances . Yes sadly they are buying theirs .

Unfortunately the law doesnt seem to help the decent folk and it feels wrong on all levels

Don't give up Susan,if you have the strength,go to CAB,just try and keep opening those doors,many will slam in you're face,

But one will surely open,that is what I have found anyway.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:55 AM

Having a party once a month, even if it does go on all night, is hardly excessive. Annoying maybe, but that's all. As for having a slash on the fence, not nice but as long as it wasn't on your side then one of those things that is not as socially horrific as it used to be.

Once a month all night parties are just a normal part of life today for young folk, and as long as there's no damage to other people's property then good luck to them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why the law allows people to get away with some things,

I had a neighbour throw a load of rubble all over my car space last year,I reported it to the police,they saw the cctv footage of him doing this,yet they said he doesn't have to clear it up,I do !

What does that say to you?
Yes it is a minor thing,..I have just been given these sort of things a lot of thought lately,..

Another one is,if someone parks on you're drive,the police would not get involved.so it's not just the allocated spaces they park in.some sort of loophole in the law apparently.and if they decided to leave the car on you're drive,it would end up costing you money to have it removed...I dismay ,I really do!.

Pauline darlin' - many years ago, this happened to my sister. She merely parked across the entrance to her drive, blocking the recalcitrant car in and left it there for several days to teach the car owner a lesson.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 09:29 AM

Gosh! Pauline. How do you sleep at night? Your home life sounds like a nightmare.
Dare l say, wouldn’t it be better to move? Or, does that mean, they’ve won?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 09:40 AM

Susan darlin' - you are entitled to 'Quiet Enjoyment' of your property, because of these arrogant, ignorant neighbours, your enjoyment is being interfered with. Make contact with the Council's Noise Abatement team, (part of the Environment Health Department) and lodge formal complaint against your neighbours. The Council are duty bound to take action, and under the Control of Pollution Act 1990, have the power to enter the premises (your neighbour's house) and confiscate the sound making equipment.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:08 AM

Gosh! Pauline. How do you sleep at night?

Probably doesn't, too busy peering over the fence, monitoring the CCTV, measuring the encroachment on her parking space, twitching the curtains and bothering the police.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:16 AM

It's a sad fact that the police and the law are no longer interested in this anti social behavior. I'm not sure what has caused the decline, whether it's lack of funds, too many people to deal with or the police realise that it's pointless pursuing these cases.

Whilst we have people reporting trendy 'bandwagon' crimes, all the important things will be overlooked.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top