Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:04 AM

Re: This house believes

[QUOTE=Mups;1721249]
Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I remember not that long ago, when it was all on the news about some abbatoir workers secretly filmed being brutal to animals before they eventually died.
There were also bad breaches in hygiene standards too.

Can't remember which abbatoir is was now?

How people do that killing job, day in day out, is beyond my comprehension.
I could certainly never be married to an abbatoir worker.
One example broke through the wall of silence that shields what takes place every day where halal killing takes place was in Norfolk. It was reported in detail in the Eastern Daily Press. Here's a bit of the less horrific details from the article.

Wx The offences took place in February and March 2016 at an abattoir called Simply Halal at Moor Farm, near Banham.

Undercover footage taken by Hillside Animal Sanctuary shows terrified sheep wriggling free from the restrainer before being recaptured and slaughtered. One dead sheep is lying on the blood-soaked floor.

Another is killed while still on the floor rather than being put in the restrainer.

The animals also jump from their restraining equipment in contravention of animal welfare rules.

Interestingly the place had been inspect recently and nothing had been reported.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;1721249]

I remember not that long ago, when it was all on the news about some abbatoir workers secretly filmed being brutal to animals before they eventually died.

I couldn't either, what a horrible thing to want to do for a living, they must want to do it because its a a job they choose to do. Beyond my comprehension
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:09 AM

Mine too LD

However what is beyond my comprehension is that slaughter without stunning is STILL allowed .

If it were banned there is no evidence to support that all Muslims and Jewish people stop eating meat !

No they just eat it anyway !

Its absoutely disgraceful there is not a blanket ban .

This article is written by a Muslim .

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...are-lancashire
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:13 AM

Most coarse fishermen don't get a bite all day, but, add a pound or so of food to the river, it's all about context.
I think fishermen should have some sort of training in disgorging, untrained fingers cause distress.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:15 AM

who knows why they work in a slaughterhouse,but,someone has to do it,to keep up the demand,for those who eat meat,as a meat eater am I as guilty as those who slaughter?

Or are we talking,how the slaughter takes place?

Edit to add,you will always get those who do things inhumanly,in slaughtering.

Only some of us,when eating meat,don't think how the animal arrived from its journey of life,onto our table.and we certainly don't know if it was inhumanly slaughtered.

Edit to add,..But,we still eat the meat,without giving it a thought.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Most coarse fishermen don't get a bite all day, but, add a pound or so of food to the river, it's all about context.
I think fishermen should have some sort of training in disgorging, untrained fingers cause distress.
That's a good way of looking at it.IMO.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:49 AM

Mine too LD

However what is beyond my comprehension is that slaughter without stunning is STILLBORN allowed .

If it were banned there is no evidence to support that all Muslims and Jewish people stop eating meat !

No they just eat it anyway !

Its absoutely disgraceful there is not a blanket ban .

This article is written by a Muslim .

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...are-lancashire
Let's call a spade a spade.

At all but the most orthodox table a variation on the Roman Catholic "transubstantiation" takes place whereby a nice pork chop changes to veal as it passes from fork to gob!

Provided there's no visitors present of course ---
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;1721249]

[QUOTE=The Artful Todger;1721318]
Originally Posted by Mups ->

One example broke through the wall of silence that shields what takes place every day where halal killing takes place was in Norfolk. It was reported in detail in the Eastern Daily Press. Here's a bit of the less horrific details from the article.

Wx The offences took place in February and March 2016 at an abattoir called Simply Halal at Moor Farm, near Banham.

Undercover footage taken by Hillside Animal Sanctuary shows terrified sheep wriggling free from the restrainer before being recaptured and slaughtered. One dead sheep is lying on the blood-soaked floor.

Another is killed while still on the floor rather than being put in the restrainer.

The animals also jump from their restraining equipment in contravention of animal welfare rules.

Interestingly the place had been inspect recently and nothing had been reported.

Can't remember when, but there was a big scandal some years ago when it was revealed that workers at the Bernard Matthews places, (again in Norfolk! ) used to do things with the live turkeys like use them as baseball balls.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 05:39 PM

This is why I never eat Turkey especially Bernard Mathews Turkey or Chickens.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 05:42 PM

In Biblical times, Lamb was most welcome and so were the Fishes.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top