Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 11:35 AM

Re: The power of beauty

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good looking people are treated better .

True or False ?
Well Muddy, if that were true, I should be sitting on the Royal throne by now.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 11:37 AM

It's didn't do old Phil any harm did it ?
Even Queenie was susceptible
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Looks absolutely !
Because that is what makes for an easier life .
Plain or unattractive people just have to struggle more and life is hard enough.

It even works in the animal world we like good looking pets the ugly mutt is the last to be chosen in the dogs home.
A classic example is the good-looking girl who usually has a plain-looking friend to make her appear more attractive. The beauty often has the charisma and charm of a sack of spuds as their looks is all that they have relied on. Contrast her with her `sidekick` who usually has a great personality and a good sense of humour because she's had to rely on those to compete with her good-looking but air-headed mate.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is very true!

I have 'suffered' (if that is the right word) because of the colour of my eyes - they are green - not a pale green - but very, very green - like the box which shows a member is 'on line'.

Given that eyes are often the first thing someone notices about a person - I have had some seriously weird reactions!
Nowt wrong with green eyes - very attractive, especially on a redhead.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

24-06-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
At my age all women look beautiful.
Cataracts?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A classic example is the good-looking girl who usually has a plain-looking friend to make her appear more attractive. The beauty often has the charisma and charm of a sack of spuds as their looks is all that they have relied on. Contrast her with her `sidekick` who usually has a great personality and a good sense of humour because she's had to rely on those to compete with her good-looking but air-headed mate.
This is how it should be Judd but unfortunately people, in general, are more shallow than this.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
At my age all women look beautiful.
At my age I am still gorgeous,...

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
At my age I am still gorgeous,...

Course you are dear, in fact I've come over all unecessary now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:51 PM

I'm not sure about good looking being better treated but I do know if you are very overweight you aren't treated very well, I've been there myself, during my grief I gained a tremendous amount of weight and since I lost all the weight it's amazing now how I am suddenly not so invisible.

I kid you not.

People will go out of their way to talk to me now and strike up conversations, yet, when I was very overweight people out in public rarely spoke to me (unless they had no choice because I spoke to them first)

I find some people very shallow, at the end of the day I'm the same person I was back then, I just look different now, some people do judge a book by the cover and it's quite sad..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Course you are dear, in fact I've come over all unecessary now.
Thank you, I am taking bookings...but can't do Tuesdays, that's Asda Day

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top