Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:22 AM

E-Bike

Anybody got one?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:30 AM

Re: E-Bike

It doesn't look like it
At first I thought you were using Yorkshire and meant an eebahgum bike.
I've found out that they are electric but you've still got to pedal? so no putting you feet up.I wouldn't ride a bike here,you have to wear a stupid looking helmet.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:37 AM

I don't own one - but have seen a lot of them about recently. The electric bit must be a boon for hills!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:46 AM

I have pals who bought themselves one each they used them for a while but as my friend put it rather indignantly.....You still have to pedal!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:49 AM

Maybe, in 10 years time.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:44 AM

Mrs p bought one a few years ago, it was from China and the instructions were hilarious, something about being an experienced human to ride it as I recall, she got rid of it as it was too big and bulky for her, interestingly, you didn’t have to pedal it as it had a twist grip like a motorcycle, although I think they are all pedal assist now, maybe it’s a safety thing or done to comply with our Highway Code, , she would buy another as it would save her a fortune in bus fares for work, but the roads into town are just too dangerous, I wouldn’t like to ride a bike on today’s roads..there are cycle paths that run so far along some roads but your not completely segregated from traffic..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:02 AM

Yes, I've got one. E-bikes are good for going to the shops or to see friends and relatives. However, if keeping fit is part of the purpose of cycling, an e-bike isn't so good for that. For this reason, I'm still going to ride my manual bike sometimes as well.

In fact, I've just ordered some road tyres for the manual bike as I've decided my days of hard mountain biking are over.

The e-bike is good for going up hills, that's for sure but it can be kind of limiting on the flat because the speed is governed to around 15 miles an hour. It will actually slow you down if you might normally pedal a bike on the flat faster than that.

Quite a nice item to own all in all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:05 AM

The new ones are quite sleek, the old ones were bulky, it is difficult pedalling with something bulky between your legs!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:17 AM

How strange, I was talking to our dog buddy's mum yesterday and she told me she bought one about a month ago after selling her car. She is a mobile hairdresser (sort of). Said it comes fully security marked and is insured, and cost her about £1,300. She has a house so can store it safely, whereas in my flat I had to get rid of a cycle a few years ago as it was in the communal hallway and we got letters telling us to move everything out.

She didn't say anything negative about it, but nor did she go on about what a fantastic invention it was, etc. Or maybe she just didn't have the time?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:21 AM

E-Bike as in Exercise Bike yes but E-Bike as in Electric Bike no.

I think I’ll stick with that, it sounds safer.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top