Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Totally fed up :(

Yesterday was absolutely awful. I looked online at about midday to check my bank account as i'd had a letter stating I had 13p in interest charges. Im not terribly good at bank things and money but I can keep in the black and manage to pay what I need to. I found I was £37 overdrawn I looked back to 3 days prior and found i'd had almost £200 go in and seeing as i'd not spent anything in between I was slightly puzzled. On scrolling down I found the problem and totally lost the plot I have a £3 a month bill ive been paying every month to my old mobile phone company to repay the outstanding on a phone i'd had when I had a contract with them. Not a problem, always payed it.. I phone up and pay with my visa card... well instead of £3 they'd taken £300 This made my entire bank go upside down and overdrawn! I rushed down to a branch with my other half and saw an advisor.. my OH transfered some money in to my acct to cover it and make sure my dd's get payed till I could sort the problem out with the mobile phone company. I asked the advisor why they'd payed them £300 when I only had about £166 in my account and ive no overdraft.. she said it was because im a good customer with a good credit rating and im never in the red etc!!!! I thanked her for that in a rather sarcastic tone and asked if they would remove the £25 bank charge i'd incurred due to them allowing me to be overdrawn.. No she couldn't do that but I could write and ask for it to be considered and in the meantime I was to get the mobile phone company to refund it!!
I then ring the mobile company.. I get through to the lad who had originally taken the phone payment and he admits it was a typo and totally his mistake and he'd muddled up his dots and zeros and he would sort it in one of two ways.. I could either have my debt with them payed off in full and they'd refund the remainder or they'd refund it all minus the £3 owed and i'd continue to pay monthly as always. I chose the latter. They cant refund the bank charges as its not company policy but he would take that off my overall debt with them. I cant use a direct debit to pay the £3 pm as its a defaulted account even though I didnt just stop paying them 2 yrs ago.. I'd rung and explained i'd lost my job and couldnt pay £35pm and could they help and reduce it. Apparently they'll only reduce in increments of £5 so £30 was still going to be a problem for me. So I just jacked the account by my choice and payed off the cost of the phone which is what the £3 pm is for..
Im so angry at this and its going to take them 14days to put the money back in my account
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Re: Totally fed up :(

Oh what a nightmare, Cassie! Nothing is simple these days is it

I truly hope everything can be sorted out quickly for you....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 02:25 PM

A nightmare Cassie and what I can never understand in this day and age of electronic banking why when it is their error does it take 2 weeks to refund you. I had a similar situation recently with Transport for London and the Oyster Card system. I can organise an immediate transfer from my internet banking so why can't they when it is their fault????

I would put in a formal complaint personally. I can accept human error but it should be sorted immediately.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 03:17 PM

I'm with The Dog Lover on this that you should put in a complaint immediately and in the strongest possible terms. It's intolerable that, in this age of instant technology, that someone else's error should be so difficult to put right and should cost you so much.

Shout loud and long Cassie, because usually he who shouts loudest gets most...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 03:23 PM

I would start paying them by cheque from now on Cassie - least they can't -accidentaly- charge you 100 times more than they ought to!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Yes I shall investigate how to pay them by cheque, thanks for that..
OH is on the case regarding a complaint to OFCOM (hope ive got the right abbreviation there) apparently Vodafone are in the dodgy books with them as it is so this will add to their list!
Thanks for your comments so far.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 04:21 PM

I agree, complain long and loud; the squeaky wheel gets greased, as the cliche goes!! What a maddening foul-up.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 06:33 PM

Thing is Cassie, thank goodness your OH was able to tide you over. Without that, other DDs or draws on your account would not have been paid incurring fines and more costs. I don't blame you for being livid.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 07:22 PM

The ombudsman is always a good place to start.. log your compliant in writing there and send a copy to the bank, you should find the will act fairly swiftly.

I hope its sorted soon.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 10:19 PM

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon Cassie. I'm sure if it had happened to any of them, they'd soon be screaming about it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top