Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 10:55 PM

Re: Totally fed up :(

Originally Posted by Wonda ->
The ombudsman is always a good place to start.. log your compliant in writing there and send a copy to the bank, you should find the will act fairly swiftly.

I hope its sorted soon.
Ok im being a tad dull here I know but who am I cross with as far as the ombudsman goes?? The bank for allowing the payment beyond what I actually had to go out or Vodafone for their error?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 06:54 AM

That is an excellent example of why I never, ever, give any Company access to my Bank Account. Last Winter when it was real bad I couldn't get in to pay my monthly Council Tax on time and they had yet another go at me to let them take it from my Bank. I once again said No as I simply don't trust the System. Thing that got me was........Even if I had managed to get to their Offices, they'd have been closed as the Staff couldn't get in either. There was a right Squawk about it in the Local Paper as some people had gone to the Office for various reasons, only to find it closed.
Hope this doesn't take long to sort it's self out for you.......Bunch of Scunners.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 07:31 AM

I would send a Solicitors letter to the mobile phone company claiming compensation for the wrong they to you and the worry that they casued you.

As for the bank, I would politely ask them to repay the charges whilst you decide whether you should carry on banking with them also mentioning to them that you think the Ombudsman would be interested in the way they try to get money out of people.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 10:55 AM

Ab firstly im not arguing with you here but I dont see how its thebanks fault. If the phone company hadnt done what they did the bank wouldnt have overdrawn & I wouldnt have got a charge but how is the bank wrong for doing that? I know the consequences of being overdrawn..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Ab firstly im not arguing with you here but I dont see how its thebanks fault. If the phone company hadnt done what they did the bank wouldnt have overdrawn & I wouldnt have got a charge but how is the bank wrong for doing that? I know the consequences of being overdrawn..
Cassie darlin' complain (in writing) to BOTH of them. (i)Vodaphone for charging you too much on your direct debit in the first place AND (ii) your bank for not checking this error, given that your monthly payment has been taken out for quite a while and they should have realised that the latest deduction was ten times greater than what it should have been. If one or other or both of them ignore your complaint after 14 days, then you do start lodging further complaints to (i) OFCOM, (ii) FSA
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Oh dear how awful Cassie. I think it is good advice to put your complaint in writing to all concerned. Fast and faceless transactions can be very convenient until a mistake is made then what a hassle to sort it out. I have even had hassle with an insurance firm and a payment by cheque . Eventually after what was some considerable time and various communications they admitted responsibility and sent flowers and an apology. The flowers came by Interflora with a card worded " from your insurers" they didn't add their name as obviously they didn't want to be incriminated.
Are you able to pay by credit card as you could be covered by the credit firm for miss-use of your card rather than a bank account or debit card.
A few years ago we where double charged on our credit card for a hotel stay in America. Once by the holiday firm then again by the hotel. We were not aware of this until we had returned home and in due course we received the credit card statement. Attempts to telephone through to the hotel in America got us nowhere with results and only being able to contact the holiday firm on-line was also not getting results. Finally contacting the credit card firm with details they froze the transaction and dealt with the situation on our behalf. The hotel refunded the money and we changed our credit card number so that the hotel and travel firm would not have access again. I was relieved we had not paid anything by cheque or debit card as it might have been a different outcome.
Hope you get some satisfaction out of your situation.
Cassie
West Wales

23-09-2011, 09:27 PM

I dont have a credit card Rueben..
Thanks all again im clearer now what im doing next.
Uncle Joe it wasnt a direct debit it was a monthly card payment, its only been running 3 months, before that it was direct debit on my old bank account and when I closed the old account and started one with this lot in April I transfered my van insurance DD and my current mobile phone one but totally forgot about the old £3 one... then when I rang to say oops sorry I forgot about you please can I carry on paying they said yes same terms except that as you've defaulted you cant have a DD set up again so you'll have to do it by ringing up monthly.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 07:58 AM

Cassie darlin' - my advice is still valid. Lodge complaints in writing - give each of them 14 days to respond. If at the end of that period they haven't replied appropriately you make formal complaints to the regulatory authorities respectively.
Cassie
West Wales

18-10-2011, 11:54 PM

Well.. After much faffing and fussing and phone calls I have a result!

Ok I shall explain the event otherwise it wont make much sense even though it doesnt make much sense anyway!! Are you sitting comfortably?

Ok so £300 was taken from my account instead of £3. The taking of £300 actually cleared the outstanding debt and therefore the account was closed. I then discovered I was in the red and contacted them as you know.. They told me they'd reimburse me the £300 plus all my bank charges within 14 days. The time came and went and still no money deposited so I rang again. They had tried but... this is where it starts to get silly... They cant make a refund to a person who doesn't have an account with them as the computer doesn't recognise why they are wanting to make a refund!!! 4 times they tried and still it failed.. 3 operators I spoke to and all promised they'd get it sorted. Eventually I spoke to Craig from South Yorkshire lol he got onto billing and instead of a refund they promised to send it as a direct debit! and did I realise I no longer had a debt with them as when the idiot took £300 it cleared the debt so the account was closed therefore I owed nothing yet they owed me £300 plus charges!! So yesterday it all arrived back into my bank account and I got a letter today apologising and saying the debt is cleared. So im a bit chuffed its all sorted and I got my money back and their error got the debt cleared by default too!!!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2011, 12:01 AM

Hi Cassie thats a good result after all the mess was their fault in the first place,its nice to read a good outcome

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top