Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Re: "Friends" over family?

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Well it's not my family, it's the OH's sister's birthday and I don't see them much at all. He was shocked to find out some of them still consider B to be a friend. It's not a matter of theft or fraud or something. This man admitted to molesting his pre-teen daughter and has baby-sat children of friends. I'm sickened at the thought of it.
If that is what he has done, I personally would not go, I might find I will have a go at him, and get myself into trouble with the law.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 08:28 PM

No way would I go, If your OHs sister is happy to be in the company of someone who has admitted to that she must be out of her mind.
I would report him.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 08:42 PM

I too can see why some people wouldn't go, I certainly wouldn't, not now that you have explained his crime.

You need to make a decision, talk it over with your other half and if he wants to go and you don't, I'm sure he can make excuses for you.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
If that is what he has done, I personally would not go, I might find I will have a go at him, and get myself into trouble with the law.
That's exactly my OH's reaction. We're not going, and he told his sister why. Her answer was "Well he hasn't been charged, so do whatever you like."
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 01:26 AM

You can't control who the hostess invites, but you can control if or not you go.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 08:12 AM

As they say, you can choose your friends but not your family and there is nowt queerer than folk.

Personally I would not go as I have a tendancy to say my mind and I would tell the guy exactly what he is and upset the party.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 11:00 AM

The man has admitted to it. He seems to have no feelings of shame if he is prepared to face people at a party, all knowing what he has admitted to. Personally I would not share the same air with him.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 12:26 PM

I wouldn`t go either .I wouldn`t be able to control my anger and disgust .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 03:20 PM

I'm pleased you and hubby have made a decision Annie.
I'm sure it is for the best if you are not going..saves any trouble for both of you.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I'm pleased you and hubby have made a decision Annie.
I'm sure it is for the best if you are not going..saves any trouble for both of you.
I should mention that we're not married, just partners sharing a house and business. I seldom see anyone from his family but this could have been a nice get-together.

Can't get my head around why his sister would continue a friendship with someone like that. I feel sick thinking about it and there's no way we will go. He knows B by sight and wouldn't hesitate to beat the crap out of him if their paths ever cross.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top