Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 04:14 PM

Re: "Entitlement generation" expects success with little effort

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
It would seem that some of the older generation have a totally negative attitude towards the younger generation.
Maybe some are not in touch with the vibrant, intelligence and exuberance of today's youth and can't see beyond their own prejudice. Not all of our youth deserve the contempt that is displayed by some people here. We have fine young people in this country.
I count my own 3 daughters among the fine young people, yes, and I know many of their friends have earned a good education and are working in their fields.

I am not negative about all young people. I started this thread with the survey results showing the responses of university students who were asked about their expectations for a first job. High wages. Quick promotions. Lots of vacation time. As the one company executive replied, if this is the case their company will not survive. My dad would have said "too many chiefs and not enough Indians".

And what about the kids who cheat to get higher marks? A friend of mine had a summer student last year who told her that he copied another student's research paper from a previous year and put his name on it. He only brought it up in conversation to tell her he was puzzled that he got a 2% higher mark on the paper than the original author did. She asked him "you mean you cheated?" and he said "well, yeah, but I needed the mark". I sure hope he's not going through to be a doctor.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 05:44 PM

My remarks were not aimed at you personaly but on the general negativity about our youth.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 10:34 PM

My remarks were not aimed at you personaly but on the general negativity about our youth.
I didn't mean to sound defensive. Just discouraged by a lot of what's in the news lately and wanting the world to be a better place.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2012, 07:22 AM

There should be no such thing as tired legs on a 21 year old, unless of course he has run a marathon
Run a Marathon, he could'nt have run to the corner shop if his life depended on it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Run a Marathon, he could'nt have run to the corner shop if his life depended on it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top