Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 04:19 PM

'Our' Parliamentarians

Can
> you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than 635 employees, but, has the following employee
statistics.
>
29 have been accused of spouse abuse 7 have been arrested for fraud, 9 have been accused of writing bad
cheques, 17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2
businesses, 3 have done time for assault, 71 cannot get a credit card, due to bad credit, 14 have been arrested on
drug-related charges, 8 have been arrested for shoplifting,
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits, 84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year,

And collectively, this year alone, they have cost the British tax payer a cool £92,993,748 in Expenses!!!

Which organisation is this? It's the 635 members of the
House of Commons.

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each
year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

What a bunch of crooks we have running our country!!!

And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension scheme in the country - whilst trying to
ensure that everyone else has the worst possible!!

If you agree that this is an appalling state of affairs, please pass it on to everyone you know.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 04:53 PM

Re: 'Our' Parliamentarians

It certainly is an appalling state of affairs, I only wish I knew how we, the masses, could improve things.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 05:05 PM

Improve it by voting for something outrageous, like the Monster Raving Looney Party (if they still exist ?) or the Green Party.
Too many people are frightened of changing parties..so we still have the same old, same old in power and all up to the same old tricks.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It certainly is an appalling state of affairs, I only wish I knew how we, the masses, could improve things.
Very simple Alan matey - REVOLUTION!!! - change not only the people in parliament per se, but the whole rotten system that put them there in the first place.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 05:37 PM

WOW ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-05-2012, 06:01 PM

Yes Roxy Darlin' - now perhaps you will understand why I want to change the system.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Roxy Darlin' - now perhaps you will understand why I want to change the system.
Joe...I've always understood.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Roxy darlin' - wanna join me??? - pass me my T.72 Tank and Ak 47 assault rifle.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Joe, I find it ever harder to disagree with you regarding what a loathsome, arrogant, self serving shower of shysters that supposedly "represent" us are. I don't think I've ever felt more disillusioned with both politics and politicians than I am now.
I must admit that your proposed remedy of shooting them all does sound ever more attractive, and would be a positive start.. but where on earth are you going to find 600 good men and true to replace them with?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Barry, Barry, Barry, you've totally misunderstood. We DON'T replace them!!! - We change the whole SYSTEM entirely and have a Parliament of DELEGATES, not representatives as we have now. A subtle but important distinction.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top