Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Re: Should we be retrained?

Here in Spain when you reach 70 you have to take a test and have an eye test as well and then ever five years after that

My father used to take a test about every month when he was working as he worked for the Gov searching out new test stations he used to have to take the Chief Examiner with him who never drove so after each trip my dad would say have I passed he always did

I think what would be good for all drivers is to go on a Driver Awareness course and I dont mean those who have been caught speeding

I have been on a couple one at Silverstone where you not only get to drive around the track with a racing driver but are taken on the roads to show you what to look for in everyday driving

The other trip I did was to the police test pad where you drive on both front and rear wheel cars on skid pans thats great fun then you are taken out with a police driver who shows you how to drive on normal roads then at high speed again to show you how they do it after all that down the pub

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top